Which Fisher CZ Do I Keep?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a NASA Tom certified CZ3D and a CZ5. Both are in excellent condition. The CZ5 is a little deeper, but it only has 3 audio tones whereas the CZ3D has 4 audio tones. The CZ5 does better at parks with modern trash, but the CZ3D does a better job of finding older deeper nickels. Both are GREAT at finding deep silver coins and handling EMI. I DON'T need both! Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    630 KB · Views: 91

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 4 Fisher CZ's, (2) CZ6's and (2) CZ5's. These have been my primary machines since 1994. One factor you can apply to you decision is where were your (2) CZ's manufactured at?
Hopefully your CZ5 was built at the old Fisher in the Los Banos CA factory. The CZ3D was probably manufactured at the new Texas facility. The Los Banos Fishers' I believe were better quality
than the Texas counterparts. I have a hunting partner that ordered a Fisher CZ3D from the Texas factory that did not work, it was received dead on arrival. He than ordered another one as a replacement
and it was dead too. Both had the same extreme problems after turning them on. So this is what I would do: Los Banos Fisher..Yes,...Texas Fisher No.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions