Fisher F2 Availability - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fisher F2 Availability

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2007
    W. TN
    1 times

Re: Fisher F2 Availability

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanzero
    It seems that some companies have decided to move some of their product lines to Taiwan or China (both the same to me).
    Not even close to the same. Most Apple, Dell, Compaq and other laptops are DESIGNED and built by companies in Taiwan. They are a world leader in engineering and electronics design and manufacturing. Huge difference between them and China.

Does anybody actually know where the F2 is made, or is it just a general assumption that they're made in China?

robert roy

Assemble them here. Americans need the jobs. If we have to pay abit more, so what? Goes for toys too.

Just my opinion.
    RR

us
    Still in Basic Training

Aug 2007
    Southern AZ
    Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by hsjrev
    Quote Originally Posted by lessthanzero
    It seems that some companies have decided to move some of their product lines to Taiwan or China (both the same to me).
    Not even close to the same. Most Apple, Dell, Compaq and other laptops are DESIGNED and built by companies in Taiwan. They are a world leader in engineering and electronics design and manufacturing. Huge difference between them and China.

Does anybody actually know where the F2 is made, or is it just a general assumption that they're made in China?
    I have been to both countries, and yes it is the same. The companies you have noted have all designed and engineered their products in the good ole USA. I agree that they do have expertise within the electronics industry, I am just stating that they are not the worlds leader when it comes to metal detectors. If Whites, Garrett, Tesero and Minelab can avoid the "Chinese connection" then the others should too.

Jul 2004
    S.W. Michigan
    CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
    9 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

If it doesn't say "MADE IN AMERICA"

please reconsider your purchase. otherwise you may lose your job!

hh steve
    Persuaverance is the only true talent!

KaptainKosmic

Jul 2006
    LOUISIANA
    3 times
    Do not support china made nothing and this includes any American companys that uses
    chinas slave labor to make cheap made detectors.

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
    884 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Badger, the fishbone coil yells China to me. Wonder if I'd get lead poisoning even looking at it. Another detector comes to mind that has Cobra fangs decals. It could be a good detector, I am just turned off by the customer service and repair now days. I still like my CZ20 and just don't like its saltwater mode being on all the time with no way to turn it off for more gold chains like the Excal and Tiger finds.
    From what I have read the ONLY FTP product being made in China was the Bounty Hunter Jr. I recently saw a post by Carl on another forum. I believe he was pretty adament about fisher being made in USA. If some electronic components are being sourced outside the US, how is that any different from most other electronic devices we use? The performance is there, the quality is there, the customer service is there. It is quite obvious, the motivation to design new detectors with new usable features is there. The engineers actually post on these forums. They have nothing to hide. I would like to see what Dave J. has to say on the 'China' subject.
    "We all have the right to find people's lost items and claim them as our own"
    Peggy Hill

us
    Aug 2011
    Riverside CA
    Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
    884 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by robert roy View Post
    $199.00 is the price being asked plus you get an extra coil 4" for trashy areas.
    This is Fishers answer to the Garrett Ace 250 that took so much business away.
    It seems it was a GOOD answer from what I can tell.
    But I may skip it and just get the F4 like I orignially intended.
    Robert Roy
    Will you be hunting in All Metal? If not the ground balance adjustability feature is useless. It is fixed ground balance in disc mode. F2 with the same coil should be about the same performance as the F4 in disc mode. I may be wrong, but that is what I was told by users of both the F2 & F4.
    "We all have the right to find people's lost items and claim them as our own"
    Peggy Hill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links