Fisher F2 Availability

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger, the fishbone coil yells China to me. Wonder if I'd get lead poisoning even looking at it. Another detector comes to mind that has Cobra fangs decals. It could be a good detector, I am just turned off by the customer service and repair now days. I still like my CZ20 and just don't like its saltwater mode being on all the time with no way to turn it off for more gold chains like the Excal and Tiger finds.

From what I have read the ONLY FTP product being made in China was the Bounty Hunter Jr. I recently saw a post by Carl on another forum. I believe he was pretty adament about fisher being made in USA. If some electronic components are being sourced outside the US, how is that any different from most other electronic devices we use? The performance is there, the quality is there, the customer service is there. It is quite obvious, the motivation to design new detectors with new usable features is there. The engineers actually post on these forums. They have nothing to hide. I would like to see what Dave J. has to say on the 'China' subject.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$199.00 is the price being asked plus you get an extra coil 4" for trashy areas.
This is Fishers answer to the Garrett Ace 250 that took so much business away.
It seems it was a GOOD answer from what I can tell.
But I may skip it and just get the F4 like I orignially intended.
Robert Roy

Will you be hunting in All Metal? If not the ground balance adjustability feature is useless. It is fixed ground balance in disc mode. F2 with the same coil should be about the same performance as the F4 in disc mode. I may be wrong, but that is what I was told by users of both the F2 & F4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread