Fisher F2 Availability

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in August this year Fisher told me I could get a CZ21 for $1,149.00 with the 10" coil. Nothing was said about it not being out yet nor it would be shipped when it did come out. It's now Nov. and no one has seen it yet........

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't purchased a Fisher since 1983.

Today I just can't get into that brand. To be candid that 'fishbone" coil gives me the creeps.

I don't know why but it just doesn't appeal to me ???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger, the fishbone coil yells China to me. Wonder if I'd get lead poisoning even looking at it. Another detector comes to mind that has Cobra fangs decals. It could be a good detector, I am just turned off by the customer service and repair now days. I still like my CZ20 and just don't like its saltwater mode being on all the time with no way to turn it off for more gold chains like the Excal and Tiger finds.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Dont know about lead poision but it sure gets the silver that othere have missed

From a trip to upstate NY this October. Not shown are 5 silver rings, a 1847 large cent, over 40 wheat pennies and $40+ in clad and I live in FL so I just went into a firemans field and park & hunted. I might add that there is a very active detecting club in the area and I was told they have been there many times
I also own several explorers with all the coils but I will tell you that when you can use the F-75 it will out hunt them all

Attachments

• new silver 3.JPG
    new silver 3.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 638
  • new silver 3.JPG
    new silver 3.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 642
R

robert roy

I talked with Fishers customer service yesterday. They said they have just begun
shipping them out to dealers. As of this time, Kellyco hasn't recieved theirs yet. Give them time.
Robert R

OP
OP
lessthanzero

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Thanks Robert for that info. Andy, of the website www.fisherf75.com, stated that he drove to El Paso and purchased his F2 right from Fisher for $199. How is that possible? Could we all do that if we wanted? Just asking.......

R

robert roy

$199.00 is the price being asked plus you get an extra coil 4" for trashy areas.
This is Fishers answer to the Garrett Ace 250 that took so much business away.
It seems it was a GOOD answer from what I can tell.
But I may skip it and just get the F4 like I orignially intended.
Robert Roy

OP
OP
lessthanzero

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Robert, sounds like a good plan. From what I can see and read, the F4 is a decent machine for the money. However, I have become very leery with regard to Fisher's lately. I am concerned with how much of their product line is made in ROC Taiwan. I really like the Minelab X-Terra series, and am saving for the X-70. Good luck to you, I'm still trying to get my meter to read lessthanzero.

Boog

Apr 30, 2007
E. Central Indiana
would like to see a F2

But still kinda leery of the Fisher folk since the buyout, or whatever it was, last 2 fishers i got were from Mexico, some from China Now??? OOOO, half the stuff you get anymore is from China, Hmmmm, Ponder-Ponder, gotta think this out ???
???
???
::)

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: would like to see a F2

Boog said:
But still kinda leery of the Fisher folk since the buyout, or whatever it was, last 2 fishers i got were from Mexico, some from China Now??? OOOO, half the stuff you get anymore is from China, Hmmmm, Ponder-Ponder, gotta think this out ???
???
???
::)
Just a quick first impression from viewing the unit from another website is that it looks really cheaply made...perhaps i am wrong though

Boog

Apr 30, 2007
E. Central Indiana
The price being so low makes me wonder, how did they cut the cost so much, we all know what coils cost, rods, and repairs, I DUNNO, just wait and see i guess, they made in China and gotta be shipped here, and still low cost, Hmmmmm ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

R

robert roy

What would help if everyone who post here or even reads the posts, write to Fisher to let them know how they feel. If they realize there are eough people out there who feels as we do they may have second thoughts. Personally, If I EVER saw a machine that said "Made In China," I wouldn't buy it. I am SOooo tired of seeing crap being pawned off on America as quality product.

Robert R

Badfrog

Aug 31, 2007
I do find it funny that you seem to think that everything made in China is crap and that you wouldn't buy it. You would be surprised that almost all machines are made with parts and electronic components coming from Asia. Made in America only means that it was assembled here, but the parts can come from anywhere. ;) What makes a real difference is the garanty the company puts behind it's product. If you have to ship your detector halfway around the world to get service, that's a real problem.

OP
OP
lessthanzero

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
From what I have been able to find through research is that only American or Australian companies have provided research and development of metal detectors. They also provided the manufacturing facilities, quality control and skilled workers to make them here or in the land down under. It seems that some companies have decided to move some of their product lines to Taiwan or China (both the same to me). While I realize that we all have electronic products in our houses that were made off-shore, but these are the companies that have provided R&D and are known for their expertise for these particular products. To my knowledge metal detectors, and their electronics, are not unique to China's R&D process, thus giving the argument that why would we accept a Chinese detector built under any name? I recently got a Fisher and noticed that it was "assembled in Taiwan", sent it back for a Minelab, made in Australia and immediately noticed the difference in quality. I am still interested in Fisher, and someday would like to have the F75. Oh well, just my 2 scents worth..........HH, lessthanzero

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
lessthanzero said:
It seems that some companies have decided to move some of their product lines to Taiwan or China (both the same to me).

Not even close to the same. Most Apple, Dell, Compaq and other laptops are DESIGNED and built by companies in Taiwan. They are a world leader in engineering and electronics design and manufacturing. Huge difference between them and China.

Does anybody actually know where the F2 is made, or is it just a general assumption that they're made in China?

R

robert roy

Assemble them here. Americans need the jobs. If we have to pay abit more, so what? Goes for toys too.

Just my opinion.
RR

OP
OP
lessthanzero

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
hsjrev said:
lessthanzero said:
It seems that some companies have decided to move some of their product lines to Taiwan or China (both the same to me).

Not even close to the same. Most Apple, Dell, Compaq and other laptops are DESIGNED and built by companies in Taiwan. They are a world leader in engineering and electronics design and manufacturing. Huge difference between them and China.

Does anybody actually know where the F2 is made, or is it just a general assumption that they're made in China?
I have been to both countries, and yes it is the same. The companies you have noted have all designed and engineered their products in the good ole USA. I agree that they do have expertise within the electronics industry, I am just stating that they are not the worlds leader when it comes to metal detectors. If Whites, Garrett, Tesero and Minelab can avoid the "Chinese connection" then the others should too.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If it doesn't say "MADE IN AMERICA"

please reconsider your purchase. otherwise you may lose your job!

hh steve

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
Do not support china made nothing and this includes any American companys that uses
chinas slave labor to make cheap made detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread