Fisher F75 compared to a Fisher CZ-6a - what do you think?

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a, Troy Shadow X2, White's Coinmaster 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been detecting since I was about 13. I’ve had Tesoro, Have a Shadow x2, I’ve tried White’s. I haven’t bought a new detectors in about 20 years. I currently have my fathers Old Fisher CZ-6a. It still rips. It goes very deep and is powerful. Thing works great, I know it well and I do just fine with it. But it’s very heavy, has an analog meter. I think it’s time I upgrade. I’m impressed with fisher and I know the tones well. I’d like to stay with Fisher if possible. How does this F75 compare? Is it on the same plane, performance-wise as the Cz-6a? To be honest I’m not willing to spend $1000+ on a detector because, while the options are impressive, it’s all about the detectorist behind it. So basically, will I get the same depth and performance with the F75 as I do with the CZ-6a? Anyone have any insight on this? Or does someone suggest a better option for that price range.

Thanks!

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab Equinox 600/800 is worth a look. The 600 is just a bit more expensive than the F75. Lots of people have gone to these as they work extremely well both in saltwater beaches and on land.

OP
OP
C

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you happen to know how they compare to the Cz-6a? I know that it's kind of an obscure detector, but i just don't want to sacrifice performance just so i have something more modern. I have heard good things about Minelab, of course. Just the price usually scares me away.

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I detected for a few years with my friend with a CZ. While doing comparison tests I noticed I just couldn't get that extra inch I needed on coins while using a V3i. How could he be doing better with a detector that cost less than half the price? Well, I stepped into an f75 (since been upgraded to a f75+) and haven't looked back. It took a little while to get good with it but it is a simple inexpensive detector that work very well. The trigger pinpoint is fast and easy and I just use 2 tone most of the time in heavy iron. All metal works very well as you can just watch the numbers in cleaner areas and get more depth. Just this weekend it managed to find me five Rev. war period coins and a USA button in a iron infested site. F-75 is very under rated and is my go to detector.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you happen to know how they compare to the Cz-6a? I know that it's kind of an obscure detector, but i just don't want to sacrifice performance just so i have something more modern. I have heard good things about Minelab, of course. Just the price usually scares me away.
No, I can't help with that comparison but I'm sure there are others that can. The only Fisher I have is a CZ21 that I bought for the beach. It works fine but is heavy. Now that I've bought a Nox 800 it has been my backup and rarely used. You might take a look at the Nox forum and read a bit about the machines. You might also ask your question there. I'm sure someone can give you the info you need.

OP
OP
C

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guys!

Thump

Dec 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had a number of machines in the past 10 years including a cz6a which I found very deep in air tests but in actual use it was little if any deeper than other machines I’ve had. I didn’t mesh with the cz because I found the machine quite heavy, the segmented ID too sparse in relaying target info and when things got really deep it was a guessing game wether it was a bottle cap/ iron or non-ferrous target down there.
I’ve only recently got my hands on a F75 and have been pleasantly surprised by some of its features and the though that went into designing this machine.
The id on the F75 gets worse as targets get deeper but for the most part I can squeeze a decent ID out of it with a faster sweep. I mostly run the concentric 5x10 and as a park machine it is great for skipping over bottlecaps and focusing on more desirable targets. For deep silver hunting I’m sure there are better options out there but it has netted me a number of silver coins in heavily worked areas, some were quite deep and others found by unmasking.
The ergonomics of this detector are some of the best I’ve ever used. It is very well balanced and doesn’t fatigue my arm like other machines. This reason alone is enough to convince me to keep it, learn it and become one with it (which I am quite enjoying in the 2 tone (2F) mode as it’s language is very nuanced, relaying target info like the older style analog machines I’ve had did).
I would say the disc modes are comparable for depth but the all-metal mode on the F75 is ahead of the cz... inches ahead. Also, when it comes to unmasking and target separation, the f75 is ahead of the cz.
I would say you’d get similar depth with the F75 as you do with cz6a but you will get leagues more performance with F75 than with the cz.

Last edited:

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m not sure about a CZ6 but I can attest to the T2/F75 platform. Since you asked about that model and not another I won’t steer you towards a Nox. I’ve hunted alongside other high end modern machines with my T2SE (f75’s brother) and done just fine. In fact better in a lot of cases. They are fast, deep, separate very well with the stock coil and have enough options to be used anywhere on land. I would never feel bad about buying a T2/F75. IMO Nox shows real benefit in high mineral or salt beach. In my soil, in most cases, the Nox only has the slightest edge in depth, can ID non ferrous better at depth. My Kruzer beats the T2SE in my test garden with same coil size.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned both the CZ6a and the F75. Both are excellent detectors even by today's standards in my opinion. I have had great success when using either unit in worked over areas searching for older coins. The F75 is better at detecting coins that are close to trashy items and really shines on tilted coins. I have used the F75 on sites that I pounded with the CZ and 1265x and pulled out alot more silver, nickels, Indian Head cents and cool relics. Most of the items were in close proximity to trash items or were tilted. The F75 is fantastic for field hunting too if you are into that. I have since purchased an Equinox 800 and I am really enjoying that detector. I will say though that I am not really finding much that I have missed in areas I have hunted hard with the F75. I will be keeping the F75 as I feel using it and the Equinox gives a site a good one two punch. There is only one thing I don't like on the F75 and that is the fact that it doesn't handle high EMI well when you run it hot, and I like to run it on the hot side. I really don't think you will be dissapointed with getting an F75, it really likes deep old coins, especially silver. I don't think you can go wrong with a Equinox 600 or 800 either if you are on the fence so to speak. The Equinox does much better with EMI at least in my area and handles salt water beaches better. You can customize it more to your taste and they also offer downloadable updates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread