GrantT

Greenie
Jul 11, 2019
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75+ /w 11" DD & Magic 5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Oops...sorry about the typo in the title...should say "here", not her.) Moderator...please edit if possible.

...and to read about F75 things.

Last fall (November), I brought my F75+ with us to our condo in Mexico. I left it there as we also return to Mexico every spring in April so I thought I would be taking it home then.

Then, Covid hits after we got home, and we had to cancel our spring trip....so now I get the spend the summer without my detector. :sadsmiley: I'm so tempted to buy another one (maybe a Simplex) and have been watching the buy/sell forums for something inexpensive. The F75+ was certainly not ideal for the salt water beach, regardless of everything I had read and tried. I was hoping to get some more beach testing this spring. Alas....

So, if anyone sees something come up for sale, please let me know! But please keep posting your F75 comments...it's keeping me hopeful and looking forward to a fall trip!

Last edited:

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading to the US from Mexico in the next week or so. Where is your condo? I could bring it with me.

OP
OP
G

GrantT

Greenie
Jul 11, 2019
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75+ /w 11" DD & Magic 5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading to the US from Mexico in the next week or so. Where is your condo? I could bring it with me.

Haha...Mazatlan. Not sure if that was a serious offer (or you just want to go steal it haha), but appreciate it if so...I'll live. Don...won't be gone...Condo is secure, but perhaps I could use that argument with the wife?!?

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only difference between thieves in Mexico and US/Canada is; Mexican thieves wear bandanas and use illegal drugs. US/Canada thieves wear suits and use prescription drugs.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mazatlan is rather far. San Carlos or Peñasco and I'd be game. Thanks, Don, for assuming the worst.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nok/Mak Simplex, Multi Kruzer, Anfibio, Minelab Equinox 600, all waterproof/submersible or Whites DFX, Minelab Vanquish, Explorer (and other older FBS Minelabs) and the upcoming Garrett APEX which are not submersible but would do great on dry, wet, shallow surf situations since they are simultaneous multi frequency like the Equinox.

I have used the Simplex, Multi Kruzer, Equinox 600 and 800 and the Vanquish in shallow saltwater surf and wet/dry sand. They all work great.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread