Maybe Fisher is still getting settled

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have talked some here about Fisher Customer service not being what they used to, some even saying their no help at all. Now, Fisher doesn't offer a life time warranty but, my Minelab XT70 is only a 1 year warranty. Whats that say for Minelab. ((Now, I use that just for an example, I know Minelab has a good rep at helping customers and I am extremely happy with my XT70.)) At least fisher has a 2-5 yr warranty.
So this is what I think. With the buy out thing they are just unsettled and will once again get back to the way their customer service used to be. Anyway I hope so, I have my eye on a CZ21.. Any thoughts on this hypothesis

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way my CZ-20 works and the main dif between the 20 and 21 is the pinpoint button. In the water or dry sand it isn' t used at all. I smeared silicone sealant on the rubber button just for insurance against leakes.

I receive emails from guys that find the cost of repairs to the older CZ20's to be sky high. One guy only needed a battery door as his needed repair. Fisher wanted him to send back the whole unit just to replace the door. Natch you could figure they wanted to test it or find other "repairs" that were needed for more $$$.

Still we have to give them the time to adjust, but how much time is needed when it is not family owned anymore?

OP
OP
JOe L

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being that this is a fairly good size website we have here, I would think, like Kellyco does, have someone who may venture on to this site and discuss concerns with its members about their product. Look how this helped Kellyco when someone is complaining about their service. Someone from Kellyco steps up and handles the situation and ,,,, unhappy customer is happy again.
I know if I had a company I would.
Maybe they would have a better customer relationship and things could get ironed out and this is a good place to start.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
my Minelab XT70 is only a 1 year warranty.

Might want to recheck your warranty. I just got a XT70, and the factory warranty is two years (and I got the extended service plan for another two years - no additional cost). :wink:

OP
OP
JOe L

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes your right, I was looking at the coil and I also have the 2 yr extended.
Point expressed, allot of these companies just offer a 2yr warranty. Which I believe is the same for the CZ21. So I guess what they have to come around on is Good customer support and LOWER repair costs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread