ORANGE PARK AREA

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what days you going to be here? buzy the 18th all day (catfish contest--catch bubba ) and the 14th is my monthly metal detectorist club meet at 7 pm at the picadillys on monument by regency square mall -- I might have a few good tips on some spots at the very least -- I might be able to hunt a bit but not too long (poor health) what do you like to hunt -- coins --relics or what?

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Will be there around the 21/22nd till approx the 30th of Oct. I'm really looking for rings, coins, relics anything really to spends time with the grandkids. Any places you can rent MDs?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
not too much of the local rental types around -- what do you normally use brand wize?

I know of one CW spot -- where you MIGHT FIND SOMETHING ---IT CAN BE A BIT MUCKY AND BUGGY AT TIMES BUT WITH THE COOLER DRY WEATHER SHOULD BE DOIBLE -- now for rings / jewelry the beach is the place however with high gas prices they haven't had the heavy tourist bussiness like usual -- so finds are a bit thin locally jewelry wize but they do happen now and then --relics well theres lots of old iron and nic nacks about all over some spots are better than others --- I say BYOD (bring your own detector) about all models can be used here in the jacksonville area --even at the beach in most cases (you might have to drop the sen or power level or up the disc level a bit with some models but they will "normally" work for the most part -- even if a bit less depth than you wished for. Ivan

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey

if you are still going I would go to jacksonville instead..Old orange park maps are hard to come by

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions