Ft.Meyers Area Detecting beaches

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hi Folks: I am traveling down to Fl. for a week to go to the Shot show in Orlando,will do a couple days of that then going to friends place in Ft.Meyers. Now the question is are the beaches open to detecting or not. I have been reading the posts about current legislation and then county and then city ordinaces in Fl.
Since all we want to do if the weather is permitting,got to be better than this in N. Illinois right now,can a person recreationall hunt beaches in that area without much hassle?
Please let me know it would be appreciated. Thanks Hardrock :coffee2: ???

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, all the beaches are open for hunting.

With the exception of State Park beaches, which you just need to check with the ranger station on the way in. You will know you are in a State Park when the ranger wants money at the gate. Otherwise, hunt away, from the dune line and down into the water.

The east coast has a little different rules about water hunting, but on the west coast..... if they are swimming there, go hunting!

Do not disturb the dunes and grasses/foliage.

Good luck to ya!

OP
OP
Hardrock

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hi Elf: Thanks for the input, It is 2 degrees out and 40 mph North winds, I am chomping at the bit so to speak to get away from this for a few days, appreciate the input . :thumbsup: :coffee2:Hardrock

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
That's the first thing that popped into my head this morning..... Florida.
I say every year I'm getting out of here and moving down there, at least
for the Winter, but here I am staring out the window at 0 degrees and 25 below
wind chill.

Don't get sunburned!
Mike

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
I go hunting on a daily basis here around Ft. Lauderdale and no trouble. The state park ranger mentioned exactly what Elf said.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be fine anywhere on the west coast especially around Ft. Myers, Wiggins pass you aren't allowed in the water but can hunt the wet and dry there. Good luck

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adventurer said:
Try Bonita beach area while in Ft. Myers-all the rest are hit very hard by mder's.

And are you saying that isn't LOL............

Adventurer

Greenie
Aug 6, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
whites DFX 300
not even close to the rest-born and lived there for 40 years so I know what I'm talking about

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adventurer said:
not even close to the rest-born and lived there for 40 years so I know what I'm talking about
ok well I know six of us that hit it almost every week maybe its not hit as much but I consider that still hunted heavy, since it's a small beach...

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahoy Elf in Black and Florida Bill! It seems that we are neighbors. The wife, our parrot and I have just moved to N. Fort Myers three weeks ago. We are still getting settled in aboard our boat but look forward to getting back to MDing. Md's are in the car and ready to go but I have lots to do getting moved back aboard a boat after a nearly two year land locked existence. The fridge went up a couple of days ago and I am going up to Punta Gorda to pick up one that I located there. I had to find one that would fit in the same space as the one I am removing so I would not have to rebuild the galley.
Maybe we will run into each other along the beach one day. :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• At North Fort Myers.jpg
    At North Fort Myers.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 394
  • Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 397
  • At North Fort Myers.jpg
    At North Fort Myers.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 395
  • Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    Atty, Sherene & Russ.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Atty\'s Turn.jpg
    Atty\'s Turn.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 403

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hiya Russ and crew,

We will be sailing from St. Pete to Cabbage Key end of Jan. Will drop a hook and say hi. Maybe we could get a beach party and hunt going for all the TN folks in the area. It would be fun.

Sweet looking Grey...

My Cockatoo holds the rank of first mate... The wife is the Admiral.

I'm somewhere around swab third class...

Attachments

• Anchored.jpg
    Anchored.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 407

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi detectorists of Fort Meyers !!

I am coming to Ft. Meyers this summer as tourist from Denmark, Europe.
I am planing to buy a new detector in Florida and go hunting on the beaches while in Florida.

I hope to meet some of you guys there on the beaches.

What detector would in your oppinion be the best for the beaches dry and wet sand ? (not in water)

What would be the best under $ 500 ?

Thanks a lot, and maybe we see each other in summer. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

The Dane

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheDane said:
Hi detectorists of Fort Meyers !!

I am coming to Ft. Meyers this summer as tourist from Denmark, Europe.
I am planing to buy a new detector in Florida and go hunting on the beaches while in Florida.

I hope to meet some of you guys there on the beaches.

What detector would in your oppinion be the best for the beaches dry and wet sand ? (not in water)

What would be the best under $ 500 ?

Thanks a lot, and maybe we see each other in summer. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

The Dane

Yup we may see you there is a small group of us that hunt that quite a bit. In fact I was there today wall to wall people 1 quarter and 1 dime but I only hunt the water and it is pretty sanded in. I don't know much about the machine you have but that may work if you are bringing it? If not since you wont be digging any deep targets and there is not that much wet sand to hunt unless it a super low tide you might be fine with the ace250 good machine and great price with a good resale market, in case you don't want to take it back with you. Good luck

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill :thumbsup:

I actually think of bringing it back to Denmark as my second machine.
I have a Tesoro Cibola. I am thinking of buying a Lobo, or any other good detector. However I think the Lobo is maybe a bit too expensive ?
I´m not quite sure how the Lobo will perform on sand beaches ?
I think I will buy a detector in Orlando and then bring it with me around the state.
I have heard of Kellyco and I could buy a detector there, however I need your help to get the best for beaches, but it also would be good if it could be used on fields back home in my country.

Thank you
The Dane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheDane said:
Thanks Bill :thumbsup:

I actually think of bringing it back to Denmark as my second machine.
I have a Tesoro Cibola. I am thinking of buying a Lobo, or any other good detector. However I think the Lobo is maybe a bit too expensive ?
I´m not quite sure how the Lobo will perform on sand beaches ?
I think I will buy a detector in Orlando and then bring it with me around the state.
I have heard of Kellyco and I could buy a detector there, however I need your help to get the best for beaches, but it also would be good if it could be used on fields back home in my country.

Thank you
The Dane

Anybody got more ideas, what detector I should buy ?? :icon_scratch:

Thank you ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread