Whats the current and future metal detecting situation in Fla?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    930 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Whats the current and future metal detecting situation in Fla?

Any news from my favorite state on new laws prohibiting Md'ing, beaches or otherwise?

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30023 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Whats the current and future metal detecting situation in Fla?

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Luck
    Any news from my favorite state on new laws prohibiting Md'ing, beaches or otherwise?

No problems here, couple small town ordinances, and some restrictions in Clay county. I have no problems detecting myself, and about 99% of beaches are open for detecting...
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    May 2007
    Middleburg, Florida 32068
    White's DFX
    5 times

Re: Whats the current and future metal detecting situation in Fla? Clay County

The only restriction in Clay County Florida is no Detecting on County Historic sites. The County recently passed a law clearly stating the right to detect on county public property that is not posted or a historical area. Private property is private property and with permission there is not a problem. I was surprised by the thoughtful decision made by the county and their understanding of the fact that a complete restriction would have declared public areas such as parks and even the tot lots off limits to detecting. I main reason for the new declaration was that the county had seen items supposedly recovered in historic areas of Clay County ending up for sale on ebay. I thought the county and their position was very enlightened. Most of the public schools at least in Clay County are fenced off. I could not attend the county meeting but did manage to tape it and view it later. Unlike alot of issues the debate was mostly in favor of metal detecting. I have never experienced a problem detecting around here. I've found more in the tot lots and around the boat ramps in the county than I ever have driving over to any local beach and hunting there. But I admit when the counsel had announced the issue of metal detecting in the county I was very worried. There are areas of Clay County where I'd like to see the county open up the area to research for a couple days just to see what might be there and if it would be worth further historical exploration.

JRich

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links