N.E. Florida, anyone want to dig?

TN-Digger

Jan 17, 2011
I have lived in the area for about two years now. I am from Tennessee, and have dug civil war relics for about eight years now. I am interested in finding someone willing to dig any historical areas. CW, Seminole war, Spanish, ect. I am just now starting research with a few potential CW sites, but am very determined. I am 27, and love to dig. I would like to find someone honest, not going to tell everyone of our sites, and willing to help in research. Someone who is experienced in research that wouldnt mind helping me learn to research would be great, or we could learn together. I live on the SS of Jax. I am not to terribly interested in digging the beaches for rings and such, that is unless its after a storm, ect. That, also, is something I do not know much about, and would like to find someone with experience with beach hunting. Anyways, thanks in advance.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey i subscribed to your youtube. also replied about the group we are trying to form this side of florida. been doing a little research as well. in gainesville. hit me up with a PM , planning on going to the battle of Olustee re-enactment in feb...you??

Fester

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey newbie interested here. I've been interested for a while, but been doing some research as of late. Found my house I grew in is extremely close to where the old spanish st. augustine to tallahassee road crossed the river, so might be some areas worth hunting there. Also I believe the olustee site could be hunted too. I've done some researching and to me it seems the actual battle did not take place where they do the reenactment. I believe if you take a look at general finegans writings the battle would have take place very close to ocean pond and with the smaller pond to it's southeast as the borders. So might be worth checking out.

relicranger

Greenie
Apr 27, 2012
Hayesville , NC.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 505 , xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this place would be fantastic , I imagin its a state park but there should be some associated sites to find. Negro Fort - Ghost Town This place should be loaded with relics A magzine explosion in 1816 scattered rifles and swords throughout the area . It was attacked and overrun in the same action. During the civil war it was a confederate fort . even if you cant hunt there its still a great story. relicranger

Last edited:

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys need to check out our facebook page....we are planning a hunt after the first of the year big tnet event we hope, has some CW ties. hit me up in a pm, we have a small group started down here in NE florida -members from gainesville all the way north towards lake city area. here is a link to the account my wife made for our group on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/NFHRR

also Olustee is off limits. but there are neighborhoods within that area, trying property privately owned within the confines of the area.

send me a pm guys, would love to add some more researchers to our group...

Gregg
North Florida Historical Research and Recovery

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys still looking to start some research, our group is about 4 or 5 members , small groups work best....hit me up with a pm with email and phone number...

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in Bryceville, right outside of Jacksonville. I'm ready to hunt, PM Me.

PixelGirl

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I am new to hunting, well, I hunted with my Dad when I was a child. Now, I'm wanting to share this with my kids, especially my 8 year old son. I'd be interested in joining in hunts after I get some time to spend learning our detector. We're in Orange Park.

thunderride

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2012
Green Cove Springs
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot me a pm man. I am in the green cove area and have been up to a good amount of researching lately in need of a buddy with a detector.

CREATURE

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
woodville,fl
Detector(s) used
i have the basic bounty hunter ex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im new at metal detecting ,but i believe that if you try to dig at any historical sight that ist illegal in tallahassee and surrounding areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread