Need some tips on where to stay (Tampa-New Port Richey area)

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First off guys/gals, I don't want to ask where to hunt, I'll figure that out by myself. I have two weeks in March that I'm coming down to the area to metal detect and to look for a place to move to later this year and am torn as to where to stay. I'd love to get a beach front hotel somewhere around Redington - Clearwater but two weeks of beachfront hotel costs would be more than I'd like to do for two weeks. Does anyone have any tips as to a good place to stay that won't kill the budget for two weeks? Someplace near beaches within driving or walking distance?
Plans are to spend most of the looking for homes in the New Port Richey area due to friends that live there. I'd ask them but they would want us to stay with them and I wouldn't have the freedom to detect when I want.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Cliff

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hampton inn rocky point is good for tampa area. we stayed there before our cruise, reasonable price too..

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Appreciate the reply Ocalasix. Thanks

Cliff

Pirate Island

Greenie
Mar 4, 2012
Land O' Lakes
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where you want to spend your time. There are plenty of great places on the beaches. I usually find a place (Condo) on Madeira beach and stay for the week.

I own a Real Estate Brokerage in Tampa, so often I have a client with a condo, but that is still my favorite beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread