Detecting south florida beaches

mpw1331

Jun 24, 2012
Hi,

It is ok to hunt in Lauderdale By The Sea! The beach is pretty busy during that time but lots of fun!

tltracy

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even Ft. Lauderdale beach? In the water a few feet?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft Lauderdale is out of the 1715 fleet lease areas. I have hunted in water many times there

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
tltracy, this is very strange: you have several locals (I can see from the other thread) saying it's ok, have a blast, and that they go all the time no problems. Right? Yet someone's come up and told your husband otherwise? Who was he? What entity/beach was your husband on? (as perhaps there's boundries where the beach beyond a certain point is administered by another entity).

Or what might have happened is this: perhaps it's the exact same beach and entity that the other posters have told you "no problem". But that at some time in the recent past, whomever that one lone individual (was he even an LEO ?) was approached by someone asking "can I metal detect?". And then whomever that was looks long and hard through his books, calls his superiors in state capitol, consults an archie, and comes back with an answer to the "pressing question" : no. Then guess what happens when that same person sees another md'r on the beach (like your husband whom he'd probably not ever have noticed or glanced twice at): He'll remember the earlier inquiry and start booting others!

Perhaps those who've told you "it's ok", can chime in to clear this up, since apparently they have no issues. Hopefully it's not going to turn into a giant case of the: "no one cared, till someone asked" routine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect they were either ignorant of the laws or trying to save the beach for theirselves.

Sometimes hotel personal will try to run people off who are detecting saying beach behind hotel is private property which not the case 99% of the time.

Unless it is a police officer I would ignore them on the spot and just keep detecting..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

tltracy

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft Lauderdale is out of the 1715 fleet lease areas. I have hunted in water many times there

What's that?? The location is A1A and NE 23rd Street, north of the Ireland's Inn... 33305, Ft. Lauderdale. I called the park ranger and was told that it was from the dunes to the low tide line... she didn't know if you could go in the water. What is the 1715 lease thing??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread