Still here, just quiet

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Floridian MD and TH folks! I'm still here, just quiet because I don't have anything significant to post.

I've been working in my yard, clearing the underbrush of palms, dead wood and sticker bushes.

In between all that hot, sweaty, mosquito swarmed and rainy work, I've managed to find 5 stinking Lincoln's, nails, wire, beer cans, other rusty cans, but nothing of note unless there's a prize for pounds of trash recovered. Then I might be in the running. Lol

My hope is that someday I will not only have the overgrowth of my yard taken care of, but also have removed all the years of accumulated litter. Then I can seriously work the land and see what surprises await. I can feel that something is there waiting for me to find it, it's driving me crazy.

Not enough time in the day to do all I have to do and still have time for what I want to do, so I must be patient. Not my strongest attribute.

Sitting with my gf at the doc's office waiting for her to be seen. She's been having several spots of skin cancer taken care of. Today they check the spot on her shin and the one on her brow and biopsy a couple spots on her back and shoulders. So far so good, they've been able to cut the cancer's out. This is a hereditary issue, but it reminds me the importance of using the sunscreen when outdoors.

Happy hunting! Keep posting your finds, it keeps me encouraged.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep at it, Salura! Every piece of scrap cleaned up is one less piece to dig later. You will soon clean off the bad layer then start finding the goodies! TTC

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Teri, I'll keep trying.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Hope everything works out for your GF Salura. Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vpnavy- thank you for the well wishes for my gf. So far she's had 2 minor surgeries, and is scheduled for 4 more. So she'll be alright, but it's still hard to see her in pain. I'm gla I got her in to see the docs when I did, had she waited more things could have been much worse.

I'm working in my yard clearing out the jungle so I can md it. It's hot, humid and mosquito filled work, but it keepsy mind off things that I'm concerned over.

I'm also stressed ove finances, since my gf has been out of work for over a year and I don't make enough to cover bills. She's almost finished with school, so hopefully in the next few months she'll be able to find a new job.

It would be nice if I found something in my yard, a coin, arrowhead-anything not trash- to give me encouragement.

If I find anything I'll be sure to post it.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep at it, and let us know how mars surgeries go...wish i didn't work so much and schedule has been crazy....working the 9 of the next 11 days.....cooler weather will make things easier...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm, and that's Terry, not Teri. Not to worry! TERRY

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oops sorry Terry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread