Still here, just quiet
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2013
    Micanopy, Fl
    Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
    88 times
    Metal Detecting

Still here, just quiet

Hello Floridian MD and TH folks! I'm still here, just quiet because I don't have anything significant to post.

I've been working in my yard, clearing the underbrush of palms, dead wood and sticker bushes.

In between all that hot, sweaty, mosquito swarmed and rainy work, I've managed to find 5 stinking Lincoln's, nails, wire, beer cans, other rusty cans, but nothing of note unless there's a prize for pounds of trash recovered. Then I might be in the running. Lol

My hope is that someday I will not only have the overgrowth of my yard taken care of, but also have removed all the years of accumulated litter. Then I can seriously work the land and see what surprises await. I can feel that something is there waiting for me to find it, it's driving me crazy.

Not enough time in the day to do all I have to do and still have time for what I want to do, so I must be patient. Not my strongest attribute.

Sitting with my gf at the doc's office waiting for her to be seen. She's been having several spots of skin cancer taken care of. Today they check the spot on her shin and the one on her brow and biopsy a couple spots on her back and shoulders. So far so good, they've been able to cut the cancer's out. This is a hereditary issue, but it reminds me the importance of using the sunscreen when outdoors.

Happy hunting! Keep posting your finds, it keeps me encouraged.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7442 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Keep at it, Salura! Every piece of scrap cleaned up is one less piece to dig later. You will soon clean off the bad layer then start finding the goodies! TTC
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade. And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him out or cut him 'til he cried out, in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving . I am leaving" but the fighter still remains. The Boxer Simon and Garfunkle

us
    Jun 2013
    Micanopy, Fl
    Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
    88 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks Teri, I'll keep trying.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13844 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hope everything works out for your GF Salura. Thanks for sharing...
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

us
    Jun 2013
    Micanopy, Fl
    88 times
    Metal Detecting
    Vpnavy- thank you for the well wishes for my gf. So far she's had 2 minor surgeries, and is scheduled for 4 more. So she'll be alright, but it's still hard to see her in pain. I'm gla I got her in to see the docs when I did, had she waited more things could have been much worse.

I'm working in my yard clearing out the jungle so I can md it. It's hot, humid and mosquito filled work, but it keepsy mind off things that I'm concerned over.

I'm also stressed ove finances, since my gf has been out of work for over a year and I don't make enough to cover bills. She's almost finished with school, so hopefully in the next few months she'll be able to find a new job.

It would be nice if I found something in my yard, a coin, arrowhead-anything not trash- to give me encouragement.

If I find anything I'll be sure to post it.

us
    keep on diggin!!

Jun 2005
    alachua county, FL
    AT MAX
    188 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    keep at it, and let us know how mars surgeries go...wish i didn't work so much and schedule has been crazy....working the 9 of the next 11 days.....cooler weather will make things easier...

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7442 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hmmm, and that's Terry, not Teri. Not to worry! TERRY
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade. And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him out or cut him 'til he cried out, in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving . I am leaving" but the fighter still remains. The Boxer Simon and Garfunkle

us
    Jun 2013
    Micanopy, Fl
    88 times
    Metal Detecting
    Oops sorry Terry.

Sponsored Links