Minelab P.I., Nokta vlf.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It depends where she lives. The actual Cape Preserve, is off limits to metal detecting. If South of Cape Canveral jetty, the far North of Cocoa Beach, then yes, you can down there, and North of the preserve area. If she lives there, then she doesnt live in the preserve, so maybe out there you can, but I really dont know where she lives.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Cape Canaveral! SteveMC is correct about the actual Cape being a preserve, that and a high security location due to the little ol space program thingy.
However, starting with the actual City of Cape Canaveral and points south can offer some exciting opportunities for some unique beach and underwater treasure hunting. From modern treasure, you are checking the papers and the internet for surf competitions or any event that is going to bring the public to the beach in large numbers, this can be very profitable. Maybe your looking for old Spanish gold and silver, then you just need to take a short drive south, Starting at Melbourne Beach, and working your way to Sebastian and down to Jupiter Inlet, and the combined Spanish Treasure Fleets, filled with Silver, Gold and jewels from the new world, and headed to the King, until a hurricane destroyed both fleets along the Florida Coast back in 1715. Spanish Coins and Jewelry are always being found along these beaches.

The basic rules are simple, however often these things can always get complicated. However, let's keep it simple. Basically, all beaches in Florida are public, except for Federal Parks, Preserves and property owned by the Federal Government ( except for Patrick AFB, just south of Cocoa Beach, that is public ), and of course some of them expensive hotels near Miami. You are free to hunt the beach from the tow of the dunes, down to the low tide line, and anything found is finders keepers.

For the up to date Beach and Marine Forecast for the Space & Treasure Coast, follow this link to my TreasureNet personal page. I also have a section on Florida Treasure News. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,284.0.html

HH

Tom

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I have to thow in that Playalinda Beach, just north of Kennedy Space Center, is National Sea Shore and MDing is not permitted. Since you will be in Cape Canaveral area, you can hunt the beaches from Jetty park ( Beach area ajacent to the channel of Port Canavaeral) and as far south as you want to go...... Enjoy you visit and happy hunting.

;D 8) 8) 8) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions