May 5, 2015
Nassau County, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Makro CF77 Coin Finder
Makro Waterproof Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seasonal. Live on Long Island, NY but often visit Hutchinson Island (Jensen Beach) near the Martin County/Port St. Lucie County border. I have metal detected all of the wreck sites from Stuart to Melbourne using either a Garrett AT Gold or the Makro CF77 coin finder over the past few years and I detect slow and steady using a dune to waterline grid overlapping my swings to ensure I am being as thorough as I possibly can be. I have not been fortunate enough to find anything but modern coins! I feel my luck would be better if detected these areas after major storms but I have never been in Florida during or even after a big storm or even a hurricane.
I still return to the beaches because I really do enjoy detecting and maybe one day come across a wonderful find. I get plenty of exercise if nothing else and I will always be optimistic about what the next find will produce. Happy Hunting to you.
MDGUY_LI

Jun 1, 2015
Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter quick silver, Garrett AT Pro, 20/20 vision
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seasonal. Live on Long Island, NY but often visit Hutchinson Island (Jensen Beach) near the Martin County/Port St. Lucie County border. I have metal detected all of the wreck sites from Stuart to Melbourne using either a Garrett AT Gold or the Makro CF77 coin finder over the past few years and I detect slow and steady using a dune to waterline grid overlapping my swings to ensure I am being as thorough as I possibly can be. I have not been fortunate enough to find anything but modern coins! I feel my luck would be better if detected these areas after major storms but I have never been in Florida during or even after a big storm or even a hurricane.
I still return to the beaches because I really do enjoy detecting and maybe one day come across a wonderful find. I get plenty of exercise if nothing else and I will always be optimistic about what the next find will produce. Happy Hunting to you.
MDGUY_LI

Cool! I'm in jensen beach usually on weekends. If you see a younger looking guy with a metal detector it's probably me. Feel free to say hi. Good luck and happy hunting :thumbup:

MakingMemories

Jul 31, 2015
Pembroke Pines
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900D, Whites 5900D, Whites 6000Di, Whites Eagle II SL, Minelab Exterra 305, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Broward Country = Pembroke Pines

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a condo on the causeway St. lucie, son is a Naval aviator⚓️