Ocala

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Orlando, a I hunt Daytona fairly regular. If you move down here and want to meet for a beach hunt let me know.

I am sure others who live in the Ocala area will reply soon, should also be some nice local swimming areas in the Ocala area.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live in Ocala but if your not into big cities and like the country life,then this is one of the best places in Florida ti live.Here's a link to the Ocala Metal Detecting Clubhttp://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/findbuddy/buddy_config.pl?noframes;read=281.There is a guy that lives up that way named Butch Mayes.He has been detecting for 40 years or so.He runs Mid Florida Historical Research and Recovery among other things,knowing him could be quite helpful, if you move to this area.His email is [email protected],actually you can google his name and you'll see, he is quite active in that area.Here is a link to his store site http://www.butchmayes.net,Hope this helps. :)

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
thanks guys looks good to me...i lived in Winter Haven for 2 years and the 2 hurricanes in 2 months ran me out! but think i will move back to Ocala.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Where is your sense of adventure!!! ( Punta Gorda)

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live here in Ocala, and am the President of the Mid-Florida Historical Research & Recovery Association. Butch Mayes is still active in our club and is the Chairman of the Board of Directors. We are always looking for new members and for people interested in metal detecting. We meet the third Thursday of the month at Foxfire Realty on Silver Springs Blvd. @ 7pm. Drop me a line, and I can give you more details. And if you want to go hunt, let me know. We can try to "dig" something up.

Ben Lenchner
President
Mid-Florida Historical Research and Recovery Association

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread