Is there a website I can get info on the beaches that are ok to MD on in Florida?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, We have been going to Florida yearly and MD'ing a little when there. I am however a little "gun shy" about doing it on beaches that are banned or it is illegal now. I would hate to lose my detector! If anyone has a link or a web address where I can find this info out I would appreciate it :) I have read through many of the posts in the Florida Forum and feel confused more. I am getting that it is legal to hunt but not some areas and I'm not clear about in the water etc. We are heading down this week and would like to know if we should bring the detectors with even. I would like to read "straight from the horses mouth" any written laws etc so we are prepared if approached. Thank you in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this for me.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know where exactly you are planning to go in Florida, and maybe we can off some specific advice

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of posts here. Go to beach and fresh water forum, there is thread there on 1715 fleet and cords of treasure leases that may make it illegal to hunt in water, you can still hunt beach from mean low tide line to toe of dunes there.

Florida's beaches are owned by the public....

95% of Florida's 660+ miles of Florida's beaches are legal to hunt..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I am continuing to read... I appreciate all your info. We will be on the gulf coast-Naples area and possibly Sanibel island. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions