topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello TS,

I am a new member here also and looking to get back into hunting soon. I live in Riverview close to Brandon. How do you like the AT Pro? pro's/con's? I've done some beach and park detecting but it's been quite awhile and really need to get back out there. I find myself spending to much time on the golf course and that cost starts to add up if you know what I mean. Time to put some $$$ back in my wallet! :laughing7:

OP
OP
T

Tampa Steve

Apr 10, 2014
tampa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TS,

I am a new member here also and looking to get back into hunting soon. I live in Riverview close to Brandon. How do you like the AT Pro? pro's/con's? I've done some beach and park detecting but it's been quite awhile and really need to get back out there. I find myself spending to much time on the golf course and that cost starts to add up if you know what I mean. Time to put some $$$ back in my wallet! :laughing7:

Hey TopDog only used the AT 3 4 times but I like it works great and pretty light let me know when you want to go hunt my number is 813 376 8812.

OP
OP
T

Tampa Steve

Apr 10, 2014
tampa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking anyone ..anyone...

TTJNAYLOR

Greenie
Mar 26, 2014
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TS I live in Tallahassee,but visit my daughter who lives in Tampa a few times per year, looking for people to hunt with when I am in the area.

OP
OP
T

Tampa Steve

Apr 10, 2014
tampa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TS I live in Tallahassee,but visit my daughter who lives in Tampa a few times per year, looking for people to hunt with when I am in the area.

Hit me up when your in tampa 813 376 8812

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Still looking anyone ..anyone...

Be cooling down pretty soon and have been thinking of getting active again after a couple three years of inactivity. I live in S. Tampa and am retired. Most any day is also good for me. Have numerous detectors, of which some I haven't even hunted with yet. Most all are from the 90's. Guess I've been more of a collector of detectors rather than a hunter in recent years. LoL

Here's some of them stashed in my closet!

Attachments

• 20140828_073235_resized.jpg
    20140828_073235_resized.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Think I just talked myself into going out this morning to Gandy Bridge Beach, (AKA..Chicken Bone Beach), and see what others have missed. Low tide is at 11:07am so maybe a little "sand hunting" is in order. If anyone else reads this post come on out and join me. (Local time right now is 08:35am)

UPDATE: Just got back, 12:00pm, from Chicken Bone Beach, after about 1.5 hour hunt. I was right to begin with. The sun is still out there and hot as the dickens. Old, fat, week knee ritires don't need to be out in the sun. Found four clad quarters, 2 silver dimes, about six zinc penny's and one aluminum can. Should have stayed home. (OK. I better stop steeling Steve's post. Seeee Yaaaaa)

Last edited:

speedarino

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that we're getting close to cooler weather, I would meet up with someone

I have a cheap MD that I haven't used in over 5 years but I like being outdoors and shooting the breeze, etc.

Always up to see a new place

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Now that we're getting close to cooler weather, I would meet up with someone

I have a cheap MD that I haven't used in over 5 years but I like being outdoors and shooting the breeze, etc.

Always up to see a new place

So what area do you live? Still warmish but gonna be good weather soon! What metal detector do you have?

speedarino

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what area do you live? Still warmish but gonna be good weather soon! What metal detector do you have?

I live by MOSI, (Fowler & 56th area) but I have a reliable car so I am pretty mobile. I bought the MD cheap on ebay several years ago and it doesn't even have a name brand. I'll have to dig it out but I think it says something like "good luck" instead of a brand. I should make sure it still works

In terms of hunting, I have spent time prospecting rather than MD'ing but I'm really looking for an adventure as much as anything

I have a lot of free time, so name a time and place I can find and I'd be glad to meet up. Maybe give me like 48hrs advance notice or something

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Prospecting is what I enjoyed a lot when I lived in the Black Hills of SD. Moved back here about nine years ago. Great adventure up there but a lot of back breaking digging and a lot of bad luck! LoL I do kind of miss prospecting for placer gold.

odie52

Apr 8, 2014
Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GroundsClown

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah yeah I know I'm late to this thread. Just getting back into MDing after a few years hiatus & shoulder surgery.
I'm over in clearwater & hunt mostly parks from tarpon to st pete. Got weekends off. Give a shout if you want to meet up someplace for a few hours.

Rob

digger159

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am north of Tampa in Spring Hill....anybody looking for a bud for some ghost towning or ???

burntfingers

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone ... I'm in Pasco county, not terribly far from you. Just wanted to say Hi to my neighbors! :D

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm in treasure island right now on vacation until next Monday December the first
I'd love to do some hunting if some of you guys are interested, let me know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread