5 acres in Eva Florida

OP
OP
J

Joe (Memphis)

No, just plain old Eva, South of Clermont in pretty much the center of the state. About half way between Tampa and Orlando....

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am a Florida native and have never heard of Eva. Must be pretty small. Maybe the 5 acres you own is the entire town? ;D

It doesn't even come up in Google.

See if you can locate more specific information about your plot of land and get back with me and I will see if I can help you out.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I poured over a bunch of old maps and cant find it.....I was thinking it might be the name of the housing development ....... or land development company that your dad bought from...

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Joe! I'd think if your dad bought 5 acres back in the 50s in a place called Eva your tax records ought to tell you where it's located.
and if no one has been paying the tax on the place in all these yrs., It's likely been sold for back taxes and has new owners.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that the place where they dug the lake that is in front of the Magic kingdom? ;D

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
mapquest says its in Morgan County, on Hwy 55, w. of I65, N. of Hwy 60, S. of hwy 67 & 36, smack in hte middle of EVA Road

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
Taxes have been paid, a whole 10 bucks or so a year. The developer was " Mr. Land" It was to be a subdivision, but all I saw was a few trailers on telephone pole stilts, I am thinking not a good sign. I will try and find the documents to see if there are any clues as to its whereabouts. Eva is shown in a State Farm road atlas I have from 1995, but the newer 2004 Universal Map road atlas doesn't show it. The older map shows it on state hwy. 33 at the half way point between state hwy 50 and highway 4. About 17 miles SW of Clermont. All I was able to find the last time I was down there ( in about 1990) was sand palmetto bushes and the previously mentioned high rise housing....

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google Earth Pro Shows it on Hwy 33...approx. 45 miles NE of Tampa.

Attachments

• Eva.jpg
    Eva.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 427

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is...not even a crossroads..lol

bbqcook

Apr 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
Soveriegn GT, DFX, Ace 250
Eva is about 10 miles north of Polk City on hwy 33. Looks like it is in the middle of nowhere. You want to sell it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread