Anyone know good sites in Saint Petersburg, Florida

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes look in the book ---buried treasure you can find ---by robert marx ---the best way to find local hot spots is to really get to know your local areas history and past events that have happened there---your local library or local historical group or even metal detecting clubs in your area are often a great place to start in your search also looking at old county maps and deeds to find where old farms and such (long gone) were at one time--- old photographs of the area are great for seeing the way things were laid out in the past and where old buildings were---there are always the trusty standby's ---parks,and beaches (dune foot to water line) in most public places (check just to be sure) Good luck Ivan

oceanbeamer

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
PALM COAST . N.E. FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S BEACH HUNTER ID& ACE 250
Yep, go to the 60 th st pier on the gulf and work both ways ,,on the beach for coins,,and in the water for jewelry,lots of good finds...sadly no access (for md) at edgemont key,now a ferry only state park that had a actual pirate village ,god only knows whats under the sand there......good luck

OP
OP
mrsgolddigger

mrsgolddigger

Greenie
Oct 3, 2006
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Whites BeachHunter ID
Thanks for the tip.. we will check it out by the pier.. Yeah, I would luv to get on that island.. We called and they said no, you can not detect on the island.. That stinks.. I have dreams of finding pirate treasures on that island... Thanks, MrsGoldDigger

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about some of the smaller inlet islands around the Bay area? Think they'd be prospective spots to MD?

Bran <><

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve been working along Pass-A-Grille beach. It’s a nice area, with lots of traffic. (beachgoers) I’ve just spot searched some areas south of the Don towards the jetty. I’ve only gotten the standard coins and beach trash so far.

The parking is free after 5 PM.

The North Beach at Fort Desoto is a great place as well. You just have to stop at the Ranger office (Big Flag just to the left of the main ‘T’ intersection) before you go metal detecting.

Good Luck

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, MrsGoldDigger pointed out to be that if you stop by the Ranger office out at Fort deSoto, you can obtain a lifetime detecting permit from them for free! I just stopped by and got mine there a couple days ago. I would definitely think that North Beach would be a great place to detect also! There's a parking lot, a little ways down from where most people park on the side of the road, where you can park your car at. From there it's only takes a minute to walk down to the beach. Now I've just gotta work on getting a scoop to use.

Bran <><

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
mrsGD, i think if you are IN st pete, its a good site. when i lived in FL, i was not into t'hunting sad to say. did not get the bug till i moved to the beach lovers paradise of texas( dallas/ft worth area). still having a blast, but wish i lived in FL now. i would go anywhere they would let me, especially the beaches. just act like you belong there and probably no one asks any questions. get permission when possible, that could even open other doors. and about the "off limits" areas. its only off limits to you. you know the rangers are detecting it themselves. have fun and please share your finds. gf2 in tx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions