Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There was an article in the paper a few years ago about people sifting the sand around Fowey Rocks with spaghetti collanders and finding emeralds. This is from an old Spanish galleon that sank there and long since crumbled away. I don't know the pinpoint location but you could ask the locals there. Also Biscayne Bay has a couple old treasure wrecks where divers have found coins.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

wildman30-40

Thank you for the info, any idea which Key Fowey Rocks is on? When I return from trip I'll post any results. Sorry it took so long to reply, harddrive on my PC crashed & burned, had to replace.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fowey Rocks is just S. of Miami. That emerald found in the conc shell came from the Margarita wreck, 200 miles away.

flotsam

Jun 5, 2007
I have spent at least 100 hrs diving Fowey Rocks thirty years ago. I never found anything great there. It was great for lobster and spearfishing. Barracuda would school there as thick as I have ever seen. I would not consider it in the keys. It is southeast of Cape Florida. You can see Fowey Rock light house from there. A couple of miles east of Soldier Key. Pres Nixon loved to hang out there.

Cap'n

Greenie
Feb 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Biscayne Bay has a couple old treasure wrecks where divers have found coins.

Anyone have more information on the whereabouts of these Biscayne Bay locations?

Cap'n

Greenie
Feb 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are the ACTUAL fowey rocks relative to the lighthouse? I've been out to the light many times, but have never seen "rocks"?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread