Zetagator

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Bought a decent detector about a year ago and even convinced another friend of mine to buy one as well. We did one beach hunt and came up short handed, or at least I did as my friend walked away with his first wheatie. Besides the beach, is their any other good spots around central Florida or Brevard County to be specific?

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Zetagator. Sounds like you just need to do some scouting and get used to knocking on doors.

Regarding scouting, look in older areas of small towns for common areas, parks, and curb strips. These can be productive and many times no permission is required. You can discover some of these by looking at local property appraisers data and asking around as to who owns what. Sometimes an empty lot is owned by the municipality or the bank and with a little luck they can be readily dug.

As far as knocking on doors, I look for older run down properties where the owner (or renter) doesn't care much about the grounds. I usually compliment them on their property,ask how old it is and then say something like "Let me tell why I am asking, I like to MD old sites can I look around some...." Never say the word "dig"... they will get the idea soon enough. Be prepared for rejection. About 1/2 the time they "OK", 1/4 the time the answer is "NO", and the final 1/4 is "HELL NO".

In short have a patient, polite, and persistence attitude and the site doors will open. Let me know how you do and may the finds be with you. C9

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey (Zetagator) I'm also from Brevard county haven't found to much stuff around here only couple pre 1964 coins. I'm going to shift my attention to the Indian river lagoon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread