Moving to Florida!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a Minelab Excalibur 1000 and Tesoro Sand Shark near the Gulf Stream. PM me if you need further info.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use an Excal as well. My advise is start on the sand and work your way to the wet, then further and further. It can be a bit overwhelming to take a new detector into the water if you don't have experience with the detector or shallow water hunting.

vne5

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just traded my XP Deus for a Excal 2.. Since we have just moved to Florida from Minnesota, it's beach time. I tried it out at a few beaches (both in and out of water) here on the west coast of Florida and have to say, best detector I have ever used! Absolutely love it! Where are you moving n Florida? Always looking to meet others in the hobby?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And im going to get a detector for the ocean. I know NOTHING about water detecting or water machines:dontknow: what is a good detector to start with?

Keith where are you moving to?

I just traded my XP Deus for a Excal 2.. Since we have just moved to Florida from Minnesota, it's beach time. I tried it out at a few beaches (both in and out of water) here on the west coast of Florida and have to say, best detector I have ever used! Absolutely love it! Where are you moving n Florida? Always looking to meet others in the hobby?

Vne, where in Minnesota? I use to live in Mankato....

vne5

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vne, where in Minnesota? I use to live in Mankato....[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Mankato and moved to Minneapolis when I was about 14. My grandfather used to own M&M signs. He made the "Happy Chef" man on 169, and blew all of the glass for nearly all of the beer signs in town as well as, Ruttles, and all of the glass in the new mall when the opened it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vne, where in Minnesota? I use to live in Mankato....

I grew up in Mankato and moved to Minneapolis when I was about 14. My grandfather used to own M&M signs. He made the "Happy Chef" man on 169, and blew all of the glass for nearly all of the beer signs in town as well as, Ruttles, and all of the glass in the new mall when the opened it.[/QUOTE]
I work in the local phone company as contractor for 2 years in 73-75 then again for a year in 1981

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread