Cocoa Beach

M

miser

Well, finally bought my first detector, White's M6 (did a review of it in the appropriate section). Just went to Cocoa Beach to try it out. Parked at Fisher Park and went to work. The machine worked beautifully, but I got royally skunked. 3 pull tabs, 9 bottle caps, one matchbox racer and a plastic soldier found at the surface.

People had said this beach had been re-sanded and was heavily hunted. Apparently, they weren't kidding. :D Wow! It was a good three hour hunt, but I would've liked at least one coin out the day! Maybe next time.

What really got to me though, was Cocoa Beach itself. You can't just park there anymore. You either have pay $6 to park at certain parks (they didn't hit up for anything as Fisher. maybe because I was there before 8 AM), or they nail you with parking meters everywhere (.25 for 15 minutes). I think I'm done with Cocoa Beach for a little while. Finally found some free parking just north of Canaveral Pier. Still didn't find anything.

I think I'll start looking south of Patrick AFB now, but man, those parking meters in Cocoa really made me angry! >:(

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
found a nice silver bracelet a while back at "tiger" feild area by the coca beach high school ---there is a "community center" with a volley ball court area (the bracelet was "under" the bench there -- a surface "eyeball" find) and it has a tot lot play area too it such should be "restocked" by now---have at it--free parking there----and of course you hate to pay for parking---with a nick name "like" mizer what else could I think---on the "hot spot" merry christmas--- bah humbug---Ivan

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing I've ever found in the dry sand is coins and trash. It's not until I went into the surf at low tide that I made my good finds.

People are such slobs. They will bury an empty 6 pack under 2" of sand. It must be easier than walking to the garbage can, which they have to pass anyhow to get to the car.

Get wet and get lucky... the surf's the place for me now.

flotsam

Jun 5, 2007
Cocoa beach was pretty clean the last time I was there. The wife and I walked about 8 or 9 miles and found a few coins. Also some empty buried beer cans. Its a nice beach though. Good Luck.

miss_anthrope

Yeah .. there are a few locals like me who try to keep the beach clean ;) A GREAT place though ... Lori Wilson Park in Cocoa Beach down near the Hilton. There are 2 entrances to the park, you can always find parking in one spot or the other, and they're pretty heavilly trafficked because it's one of the few parks with lifeguards. some of the better hunting i've done (well .. mostly .925 and some 14k) has been within a 500ft radius of the lifeguard station there.. ditto for the walkways and nature trails.

HH!

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
i live here, i parked for an hour down the road, and ran out of change and didnt know, and came back to my car with a 35 dollar ticket on it! crazy.....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Free parking in the enclosed garage just south of Ron Jons. You have to walka block to the beach, but we could all use the exercise.

Happy Hunting.

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread