Lee County Palm Beach County MD questions

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be spending a couple of weeks in Florida this summer. During the last week of July I will be in Palm Beach County and the first week of August I will be spending in Lee County. My questions are ,
Does anyone know if it's legal to MD on the ocean and gulf beaches ?
Are permits needed for the County or city / town parks in Palm Beach or Lee ?
My sister lives in a very undeveloped area of Lee County. There is a lot of wooded area around her property. What is the safest way of detecting in these wooded area's ? What's the best type of clothing to wear in case there are snakes etc ? Besides snakes , what else should I prepare for ?
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It is legal to hunt on all beaches and in ocean waters and parks in PBC. No permits are needed. Only one beach is posted as "no metal detecting permitted", south end of Singer Island. However, I have hunted it for years after entering from Ocean Reef Beach Park on the north end with no issues. Just stay out of the dunes on all beaches and you should not be bothered. PM me when you are in PBC if you'd like to hunt together. GL and HH

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where does she live? Lehigh? There could be a lot to find in the sticks of Lee County.....Dude, it's gonna be hot, like Africa hot, and wet...peak of our rainy season. Snakes? Yes....for sure, along with mosquitos, fire ants, and gang members.
I could steer you in the right direction, let me know...
Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
Don57

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
Where does she live? Lehigh? There could be a lot to find in the sticks of Lee County.....Dude, it's gonna be hot, like Africa hot, and wet...peak of our rainy season. Snakes? Yes....for sure, along with mosquitos, fire ants, and gang members.
I could steer you in the right direction, let me know...
Happy Hunting!

Yes, she lives in Lehigh , out in the sticks. I know it's gonna be HOT. , that I can deal with. Fire ants , that's not something I wanna deal with. Snakes , as long as they can't kill I'm ok with them.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rattlesnakes, moccasins, coral snakes...all over the woods, especially in Lehigh.., but the fire ants,.... You get used to them.
image.jpeg

This is curtosy of a woods hunt.... Still have scars from these 75 or so...

Yea, hunt the woods, good luck, and happy hunting!:laughing7:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just hunt the beaches and enjoy the day...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions