RVing and Detecting

Warnberg

Jan 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering if anyone combines camping and MDing? Wife and I got a 5th wheel this last year and have been trying to schedule a camping trip once a month, so I figure I'll take along the detector.. but really looking to see if there are places in Florida that would be a good fit for both? Anyone have any ideas, recommended places to go, etc? I'm in the north Tampa area and been thinking about a long weekend trip to the space coast, camp on or near the beach and go exploring and MDing at the same time..

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks

David

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Desoto is a favorite camp ground for wife and I......super beaches there.It
Is oh so close to home for you too.

OP
OP
W

Warnberg

Jan 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That it is, only problem Ft Desoto, almost a year in advance to make reservations to get in to camp.. that would be a day trip for me..

Thanks

Mr. B

Mar 23, 2017
SW Fla.
Detector(s) used
2-Exal 2s Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering if anyone combines camping and MDing? Wife and I got a 5th wheel this last year and have been trying to schedule a camping trip once a month, so I figure I'll take along the detector.. but really looking to see if there are places in Florida that would be a good fit for both? Anyone have any ideas, recommended places to go, etc? I'm in the north Tampa area and been thinking about a long weekend trip to the space coast, camp on or near the beach and go exploring and MDing at the same time..

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks

David

I do the same, camp and detect. I love to go to Jetty Park. I live in Cape Coral so I usually do Ft. Myers Beach and work my way south. Enjoy Sanibel. Will be heading north shortly. By summers end it is really nice in the Pan Handle. Hope we can meet soon. Mr. B

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we have done Jetty Park, Disney's Fort Wilderness (although last time i was there they banned MD'ing at the beach area over some rule that if you found something then the owner never gets it back. Uhhhhh, if you never FIND it, then the owner REALLY never gets it back). I told him we would bring anything of value to the office to verify nothing was reported lost, but they didn't really want to deal with it. Also have done Key West, and hit the beaches there. Good thing about beaches, most are MD'able, and you can always find stuff because new people come and go every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread