pocket change to ring ratio

missouriexp

Dec 26, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious. How much pocket change do you guys normally find before you find someone of value like a ring? A pocket change to something of real value ratio.

I go to Florida 2x a year and normally find $2.00 in change but nothing of value. I've been doing this for maybe 5 years now. Seems like right after summer is better than right before summer.

I've noticed some areas have a lot more targets than others. For example, I have been in Navarre, FL and Destin, FL and they have beach cleaners and noticed very few targets... and the targets I found were by the shore or really deep. Panama City Beach on the other hand has tons of targets. So many that I found myself passing over a lot of signals just to be efficient. On my last trip to PCB 2 people came up to be looking for help trying to find things. I know people lose a lot of stuff at PCB, I just haven't been lucky enough to find it I guess.

jmaziarz

Greenie
Nov 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Teknetics Patriot, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try not to get discouraged. The amount of beach is vast in comparison with your ability to cover it. To make the best use of your limited time, learn to read the beach, tides and sand levels. There are many good YouTube videos that will help. Then, maximize your chances by primarily digging solid mid-tones (on the Nox 600/800).

Personally, I enjoy digging coins. While rings and jewelry are a lot more rare, I typically find them in the dry sand high up or around the towel line. Have fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread