Haines City and Pass-A-Grille Island

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hi Everyone,

Well the last time I was down in Florida was 12 years ago and my children were a lot smaller then. My wife and I are tired of Michigan cold weather and needed a well deserved vacation. I was wondering if there are any decent parks in the Haines City area to detect and also any laws about detecting. I am also going to take the kids to Pass-A-Grille Island a few times for swimming. If you have any areas that I might be able to detect (Please I am not after your prize sites) I just want to have a relaxing day(s) of detecting. Hope to hear from you. I will be down there starting March 28th till April 5th. GIVE ME SOME WARM WEATHER....PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEeee! LOL Take care.

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

flotsam

Jun 5, 2007
I don't know of any places around Haynes city or pass a grill island. Hit the coast on either side.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't dig much dirt, so I can't help you with Haines City. But I do spend a lot of time in St. Pete Beach and Pass-a-Grille.

You can hunt all the public beach here from the toe of the dunes (don't disturb the plants in the dunes) all the way into the water where you run out of air and start to float, or 'swim' as we call it :icon_pirat:

St. Pete Beach is another fun place to hunt. You should be here at a great time.

Good Luck and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread