Does anyone have Thomas Terrys Treasure Atlas Vol #3?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Re: Does anyone have Thomas Terry's Treasure Atlas Vol #3?

It could be listed under either Hendry, Collier or Broward. Try Hendry first. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

TreasureTales said:
Well, before I comply with your demands, what's in it for me? I don't work for free, do you?
Let me think about that one for a while. :icon_scratch:

Yes, my TN work, time and effort, is free of charge.
OK If I become rich from the information, I will give you a percentage. Dont rush. At your convenience.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

10%. If I dont already have the information. :icon_study:

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

TreasureTales said:
Say what? I have the book in front of me but it's got dozens of listings for treasure legends and potential treasure sites just for Hendry County alone. You're lucky I'm not charging for my time.
Really? Maybe I should buy the book. Let me check googlebooks. Im really only doing this for azza.(a new member interested in the same treasure) Im sure it has the same old tired info something like this: Near the end of the Civil War, a Confederate paymaster being pursued by Union troops buried a million-dollar payroll in gold and paper currency. Records reveal he wrote: "Chased by the enemy, we buried our payroll at a point in the Everglades at a junction of two creeks, where the land rises like a camel's back. The money is buried in the west hump of the rise." He was captured, but never found the $200,000 in gold or the paper money. Believed to be in Hendry county Indian Reservation...blah blah blah

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

TreasureTales said:
Let me see if I have this right. You're asking for information on behalf of somebody else? So you'll look like a smart guy? AHA, what a sneaky fellow. I don't like to be used like that.
I can be sneaky.(wink) not really. What goes around comes around. Sometimes sharing with someone and they will share in return. You know how it works. But thats OK TT. Im pulling the 10% offer off the table. I doubt it has anything worth paying for. I will buy the book.

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

Very active and energetic thread. I am the guy in question. Who's KvM? Also, I don't know if what I am asking for is worthwhile. I am new at this game. What's this Treasure Atlas #3 anyway? Sounds very interesting, but perhaps not as informative as it is entertaining.

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

No problem, please don't rush on my account. I appreciate the help. Also, if you have any ideas of good leads in the Carib, Central America, or Florida that you think are smarter to pursue (just off hand) please let me know. Thanks again.

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

LOL, not even a top three list?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I am very surprised TT that this Treasure Book has so many leads for Hendry County which is practically all swamp and Indian Reservation Land. Maybe the book is worth buying. :icon_scratch:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,141244.0.html

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

azza said:
No problem, please don't rush on my account. I appreciate the help. Also, if you have any ideas of good leads in the Carib, Central America, or Florida that you think are smarter to pursue (just off hand) please let me know. Thanks again.
azza. Do you really have the time and money to travel to these exotic locations? Why dont you look for a feasable treasure near your hometown of Jacksonville or South Georgia?

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

Well, I will certainly do some searching near home. Good suggestions there would also be appreciated, but I do believe that I will be spending a great deal of time in the locations I mentioned in the near future. That is why I have asked about them. Also, I view them as my long term goals and something I want to start researching since I know that is where I am going in the future. But, of course if you have some good leads in NE Florida I would love to hear more.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

TreasureTales said:
OK, I've read the info for the 3 counties requested, and other than the legend already posted on this thread by BCH, there is nothing about Confederate gold. Sheesh.
OK Thank you. It was a false lead. I guess the member that mentioned it was just promoting his LRL. I thought it worth checking every lead. Ill bet there is something about the Confederate gold somewhere in that series of books. But dont look.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

lol lol lol now this is a funny thread of wheeling and dealing

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

TreasureTales said:
bigcypresshunter said:
TreasureTales said:
OK, I've read the info for the 3 counties requested, and other than the legend already posted on this thread by BCH, there is nothing about Confederate gold. Sheesh.
OK Thank you. It was a false lead. I guess the member that mentioned it was just promoting his LRL. I thought it worth checking every lead. Ill bet there is something about the Confederate gold somewhere in that series of books. But dont look.

I can't look, too many stories. There are 10 volumes to the series and over 50,000 entries. That's why I say it's entertaining reading. Uh, who's buying me an iced tea in exchange for all the free time I gave you guys? I think you should hand deliver it, too.

come over here my friend, I'll pour you a ice ice cold glass on pure florida sunshine tea

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

TreasureTales said:
Thanks for the offer and the invitation, bridgeendfarm. If I didn't have anything else to do with my measily income, I'd start driving over there tonight. But I estimate the gasoline alone would cost me my next 5 retirement checks. Bummer, I think it would be great to meet you.

yeah it is high isn't it, one day pm me your address I'll ship you some from here, summer is almost here I be making batches daily.

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

thanks for the search. I really appreciate it. Tea's on me when I pass through the west coast.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

TreasureTales said:
The post office doesn't allow liquids to be shipped in the mail. Dang it.

who said Post Office? lots of other ways to mail items

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

TreasureTales said:
bridgeendfarm said:
TreasureTales said:
The post office doesn't allow liquids to be shipped in the mail. Dang it.
who said Post Office? lots of other ways to mail items
Ah, you must be rich. :thumbsup:

just pm the addy when you like some, I'll figure out the logistics

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:

It wasn't a false lead... it's in there. I've read through different accounts in Florida several times in that Atlas. I had two volumes given to me by a good friend off of these forums... #3 (which has Florida in it) & #6 (which has Missouri in it)
Lemme see what I can find by scanning. If I can't find it tonight, I'll find it tomorrow for you. I think I have it in this book, as well as another book from the 70's...

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread