TT Atlas KvM and the Caribbean

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008
Well, per my last two thread discussions I have learned quite a bit. Thanks to all that participated. I have learned most importantly that this forum is more than a research asset, it is also a good place to receive excellent treasure hunting wisdom and experience.

There are a few key issues that I am attempting to learn from and build on. First of all, there is so much info to study and consume that I know it will be overwhelming even if I narrow my scope. Therefore, I have chosen to narrow my scope to the Caribbean and Florida. I know, that does not seem that narrow, but it is the best I could do. Secondly, I do not want to spend my time searching for small treasures or doubloons in the sand. I am not saying that I would not be extremely excited if I found some small relics of a time passed, but I want to search for treasures of consequence. Finally, I am learning it is difficult to find out what treasures are the most credible. Meaning there is a legitimate chance that said treasures are not myth, but truly lost somewhere.

Now, as I have learned from the last two threads, information is gold. Forum readers sift through these discussions searching for bits of gold in what others have said. I can respect that and I realize that such research as others have put in will not be handed over without reciprocation. So, it is time for me to hit the books.

Thomas Terry's Atlases and Karl von Mueller's Treasure Hunter's Manual seem to be important resources. They also seem hard to find. Suggestions on where to find these? The ones I have found have been very expensive ($100 +) Also, are there any other quality resources I should own/read. I have a book that is wonderful (to me) called Buried Treasure you can find - by Robert F. Marx. What do others think of this book?

Ok, and I will throw out a line and see what some friendly soul might respond to kindly :wink: I am learning to sail. I will be sailing the Caribbean soon. I want to search there. If you were me, what treasures/shipwrecks/relics would you search for? I have read of the Manilla Galleons lost on the west coast of Central America/Mexico. I have read of a few obscure pirate ships lost in the Caribbean. I also have read of some Mayan and Aztec legends (on land, but that's fine, I can anchor and search). Curiousity killed the cat, but I'm feeling human today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread