Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you wouldn't find me in a canal down here, loaded with sharks, bull sharks and they are nasty critters
A older gentleman one morning dove off his back yard dock in to the canal and a huge bull shark grabbed him before he even hit the water, while his wife watched.
Happened about 3 years ago in my area.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
bradyboy said:
you wouldn't find me in a canal down here, loaded with sharks, bull sharks and they are nasty critters
A older gentleman one morning dove off his back yard dock in to the canal and a huge bull shark grabbed him before he even hit the water, while his wife watched.
Happened about 3 years ago in my area.
yes. I remember the incident. He lived on or near the intracoastal waterway where a bull shark will occasionally wander up into those brackish waters. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/08/31/national/main229503.shtml shark attack.jpg
The canals the article is referring to are well inland where sharks cannot get past the locks. In other words, no sharks to worry about. There are however other things to worry about. The canals are nasty. I just thought an interesting story with the large number of cars dumped or lost in Florida canals.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
billinstuart said:
Don't forget Bull sharks have been found in Lake Okeechobee. However, it would be fascinating to see all the cars and stolen stuff that has been dumped in canals.
I didnt know that, but it makes sense. Lake Okeechobee is part of the cross florida barge canal, with access to the ocean and Gulf. Most of Floridas inland canals, where stolen cars are dumped, have locks that cannot be crossed by saltwater fish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions