Michael Vick back in football?

B

BIG61AL

How in the hell did the Eagles think signing Michael Vick as their quarterback was a good idea? I am sickened how the gangster/outlaw element has fouled my favorite sport. He should be banned from football for life. He is a horrible person and I wish nothing but utter failure for him and the Eagles! >:(

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They signed him as a backup because McNabb's backup, Kevin Kolb, went down.

From the Eagles team page:
"Head coach Andy Reid reiterated yesterday that Kevin Kolb is his No. 2 quarterback in the wake of adding Michael Vick to the roster. In fact, Vick is listed as the fifth quarterback on the depth chart. Of course, Vick hasn't played a game in two years."

While I do not condone what he did to those dogs, he served 18 months. What about Donte Stallworth? He pled guilty to DUI manslaughter and did only 30 days. He killed a human being and only gets 30 days????!!!!

GO EAGLES!!

habs

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey money talks! I am a little peeved at the situation, but he did do his time. I hope he really does help in "educating " people on the evils of dog fighting. I know all the animal shelters need $ & if he gives it & his time then that's ok by me. there has got to be a way to get people to see dog fighting just ain't right!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
again, this is what you get from a country that was built and orchestrated by salesmen. Period.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I am sickened how the gangster/outlaw element has fouled my favorite sport.
===================================================================
Believe me I can understand how you feel. I used to be a crazed Steeler fan, but after the-#1- Kevin Green
incident, #2 -forcing the taxpayers to help bankroll two (2) new stadiums in Pitts., among a few other things,
I don't even bother with watching any of the millionaire cry-babies that think they walk on water. Don't even
care that the Steelers won the last Super Bowl. They do nothing for me. I now go out to the parks & watch
the kids play their hearts out for the love of the game & the desire to win. You never see any of the uppity,
'I'm a super-hero attitude'. All those kids do is to work their ass off to win. Now that's sports.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
tubecity, I agree. Pro sports are not as much fun to watch when you know the criminal records behind them. If I were in charge, they would all be out. but since I'm not, lets use some of that & they make in non profit orgs like animal shelters. I see Vick on the new, & I don't believe a word he says, but as I said before, let him use it to right the wrongs.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
Hey money talks! I am a little peeved at the situation, but he did do his time. I hope he really does help in "educating " people on the evils of dog fighting. I know all the animal shelters need $ & if he gives it & his time then that's ok by me. there has got to be a way to get people to see dog fighting just ain't right!

Agreed!!

K

Kentucky Kache

eathabs said:
They signed him as a backup because McNabb's backup, Kevin Kolb, went down.

From the Eagles team page:
"Head coach Andy Reid reiterated yesterday that Kevin Kolb is his No. 2 quarterback in the wake of adding Michael Vick to the roster. In fact, Vick is listed as the fifth quarterback on the depth chart. Of course, Vick hasn't played a game in two years."

While I do not condone what he did to those dogs, he served 18 months. What about Donte Stallworth? He pled guilty to DUI manslaughter and did only 30 days. He killed a human being and only gets 30 days????!!!!

GO EAGLES!!

habs

People don't count...Only dogs, cats, and lizards.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Vick do his entire time? (I'm not sure, or if he is on probation or parole?).

If he did - then, according to our constitution - he should be able to go back to his normal life.

Hey - look how long they screwed around with Pete Rose. (and Ali)

While I certainly don't condone their actions, I think they got their punishments, now its done.

Not to mention that there are pill-poppers out there (steriods) on all the teams - and what happens to them - nothing, they are still playing.

Sports figures are not the paragon of virtue that we think they are - nor that we want them to be.

B

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
did pete rose get another chance? this quick? while i believe in second chances i think his came too soon

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Bottom line is that Vick was and still is a role model. What kind of message does this send to the youth and current players? I would think that a life time ban would have been very appropriate. He paid his legal dues but letting him play organized sports again should not even be an option. Unfortunately this seems to be common practice though, just google "nfl criminal charges" I got about 202,000 results.

The NFL all criminal team:

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=850&SectionID=2&LayoutT

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO, Pete Rose really didn't get a second chance - I've been hearing he will now be eligible for the hall of fame, but, his career pretty much went into the toilet.

Ali lost his title.

You're right, they are supposed to be role models, but you cannot make an example of one or two people, and then let others keep their rbi's and all the rest (including their careers).

It makes it all mean nothing.

However, if part of his sentence was that he could not play for X number of games, or weeks, or years, then that's part of the sentence. If it's not, and he serves his time, he should be able to go back to work, just like anyone else who screws up and pays their dues.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread