artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realize that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but I hope that the NFL will not allow Michael Vick to play football or profit from football again. If it were up to me, his property would be confiscated and sold and the proceeds donated to the ASPCA. I am sorry, but if he truly was a participant in the drowning, electrocution and hanging of dogs, in addition to forcing them to fight one another,he is just a horrible human being and does not deserve to have the wealth that he got from playing football. He should go to go to jail for a very long time!! This man, who is a role model for gazillions of kids---It just irks me to no end that someone could do that to innocent animals..ugh!

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I will give you my thoughts. I believe that this was wrong, no matter what. But, if he and his family were in poverty and when an animal needed to be put down, it was done correctly, I do not think this would be in such an uproar. THIS WAS WRONG either way. He is VERY wealthy and the only reason someone in his position would do this would be that he enjoyed it. Anyone who enjoys torturing a living creature is sick. He deserves to go to jail along with his buddies. I heard on the radio about some idiot professor saying we are all Vicks because we eat meat. Ridiculous...Animals being slaughtered are not tortured and if they are, some one should be in big trouble. I have been to many slaughterhouses and never saw an animal being tortured or mistreated. Yes, they all died but they died quickly with little or no pain. Hunting too. I love to hunt and I always try for a quick kill. I love animals and would never torture them or make them suffer. Vick should never play sports again and he should never profit from being Vick again.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
lets not forget the GAMBLING aspect of this thing. he ran an illegal gambling ring fer crissakes! that ALONE should get him banned for life from the NFL. as far as the torturing and killing of god knows how many dogs, i think he friggin needs a psychiatrist. anyone who could take pleasure in watching something as violent and brutal as a dog fight isn't right in the head as far as i am concerned.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
wow. someone with a beavis and butthead avatar calling someone else 'odd' that's funny ;D

Any money he made with the dogs, or gambling on them should be confiscated.

any money he made with football, commercials, whatever...had NOTHING to do with the dog thing, no reason to take it, that is just plain wealth envy on most parts and the poor looking for any reason to steal richies money from him.\

I also love the punish him forever mentality here too. If the man made a mistake and repents for it, makes up for it, pays his dues to the community for it, I mean SINCERELY repents for it, then let him lead a normal life and go on from there to make the best of his life. If we castrate him because of this one act, where does it stop? Next thing you know, there will be a death penalty for speeding (please don't give this idea to ohio or georgia :o

I can think of far worse crimes than what he has done, that were given much less 'outrage' than this one is getting. But I guess we now live in a society where raping children is acceptable, as long as it isn't your kid, but god forbid you look cross eyed at an animal or forget to hug a tree today.... OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!!

Amusing times we live in.

aaron

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
Ascholten said:
wow. someone with a beavis and butthead avatar calling someone else 'odd' that's funny ;D

Any money he made with the dogs, or gambling on them should be confiscated.

any money he made with football, commercials, whatever...had NOTHING to do with the dog thing, no reason to take it, that is just plain wealth envy on most parts and the poor looking for any reason to steal richies money from him.\

I also love the punish him forever mentality here too. If the man made a mistake and repents for it, makes up for it, pays his dues to the community for it, I mean SINCERELY repents for it, then let him lead a normal life and go on from there to make the best of his life. If we castrate him because of this one act, where does it stop? Next thing you know, there will be a death penalty for speeding (please don't give this idea to ohio or georgia :o

I can think of far worse crimes than what he has done, that were given much less 'outrage' than this one is getting. But I guess we now live in a society where raping children is acceptable, as long as it isn't your kid, but god forbid you look cross eyed at an animal or forget to hug a tree today.... OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!!

Amusing times we live in.

aaron
As I said above, he did not need the money from this. Some people murder or steal because they are poor and did it to get money. Yes, it is wrong to break the law but Vick did not need the money and his football money is what paid for this to happen. Lets not forget that his only job has been football. Football bought his houose down there and his dogs and the rope to kill them with. He should lose everything including his freedom. I am not saying he should spend the rest of his life in prison or get the death penalty. He should pay. Especially being a huge role model. Football players sign an agreement to behave because they are role models.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Too bad he wasn't a televangelist who committed adultry, he could cry the devil made him do it, but god brought him back, and the schmucks would pay him even more money to hear the total drivvel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread