Anybody watching the Toilet...uh Super Bowl on Sunday?

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I along with millions of others will be watching the game Sunday.
I appreciate your honesty. With that being said, the millions this year If i was a betting man, will be less than last years. Alot of people have been put off by politics and disrespect of the national anthem, including me. I have watched games this year as I said earlier, but I am nowhere near the fan I once was. I wish they could have kept politics out of it. It has ruined it for alot of us.

I won't be watching Sunday.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you serve, have you ever had a friend or family member who served who came home under our flag? If you had you would probably feel different.

Sports cars, girls, cash has nothing to do with kneeling and disrespecting our National Anthem, flag and military.

Or had a family member deployed protecting our flag and country. Laying awake all night restless wondering what or if Freaking out because you are not getting any news and then getting the call and praying its not bad news. We are free, we are free to protest ,worship what ever, because of our flag, our country. Protest all you like but when you disrespect the things that make you free, its time to move to Canada Like so many threaten. I wish they would do it. When they get there I hope they try to protest the Flag of Canada. More than likely will land them in the clink, or worse. God Bless America, our flag, our country and our military. Long may she wave long may we stand.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will Drop football altogether. It very may well have a trickle affect. If it does..I have done just fine without the nfl and would do likewise with any other organization that blatantly disrespects our country and our veterans.

Ok, that's an honest answer.

I guess this still a political issue "[FONT=&quot]After Kaepernick first started the protest last year, he was criticised for introducing politics into sports. Many said that football was somehow sacrosanct, and that it should be a place where people can rise above politics."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There’s a pretty rich history of American sports stars wading into the political sphere.
[/FONT]

It's kind of funny that this topic is open as it's all got to with political issues.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Or had a family member deployed protecting our flag and country. Laying awake all night restless wondering what or if Freaking out because you are not getting any news and then getting the call and praying its not bad news. We are free, we are free to protest ,worship what ever, because of our flag, our country. Protest all you like but when you disrespect the things that make you free, its time to move to Canada Like so many threaten. I wish they would do it. When they get there I hope they try to protest the Flag of Canada. More than likely will land them in the clink, or worse. God Bless America, our flag, our country and our military. Long may she wave long may we stand.

If I was to go to the USA and disrespect your flag, nothing would happen? I really believe that we may be a little more free up here in some ways.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NFL2.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, that's an honest answer.

I guess this still a political issue "[FONT=&quot]After Kaepernick first started the protest last year, he was criticised for introducing politics into sports. Many said that football was somehow sacrosanct, and that it should be a place where people can rise above politics."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There’s a pretty rich history of American sports stars wading into the political sphere.
[/FONT]

It's kind of funny that this topic is open as it's all got to with political issues.

As long as political statements are not brought in thread is okay. There is a thread on our politics forum that discusses the politics of it further.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you serve, have you ever had a friend or family member who served who came home under our flag? If you had you would probably feel different.

Sports cars, girls, cash has nothing to do with kneeling and disrespecting our National Anthem, flag and military.

I served 3 years in the United States Marine Corps. Proudly served. It is because of friends and family members who returned home in Flag draped coffins that Patriots and Vets feel as we do. One does not Disrespect or Dishonor those that have sacrificed all giving us the Freedoms that we enjoy each and everyday. These same freedoms unfortunately allow those to be Disrespectful. A True Slap in the Face to those that have lost their lives in all wars and to their families as well.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I appreciate your honesty. With that being said, the millions this year If i was a betting man, will be less than last years. Alot of people have been put off by politics and disrespect of the national anthem, including me. I have watched games this year as I said earlier, but I am nowhere near the fan I once was. I wish they could have kept politics out of it. It has ruined it for alot of us.

I won't be watching Sunday.

I blame the commissioner of the nfl as much as anyone. He had the chance early on to reel these Kneelers in, but instead he said that the "Fans need to be more respectful of the Playas Demonstrations. It was then that I realized I was finished with the nfl.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yessiree. Send them out into the real world and let them get a real job.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I along with millions of others will be watching the game Sunday.

Here's hoping you along with the millions that will be watching the game enjoy the game. I will be one of millions that Wil not be watching the game. Freedom of Choice.

owlcreek

Jan 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probaly twist a wrench on the drag car Sunday.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't watched television in well over a decade. Number one, that **** rots your brain. And number two, I have a real life to live and real family to spend time with.

The way I figure it, if a man doesn't mess with me or my family, I got nothing against him. I let people on TV do whatever they want and I don't have an opinion about it because it doesn't pose any threat to me.

TV will have you feeling some sort of way if you let it.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was to go to the USA and disrespect your flag, nothing would happen? I really believe that we may be a little more free up here in some ways.
Nope not one single thing would happen to you. Not One single thing. That is what freedom of opinion is. Shoot even the swazi hitler lovers have a right to believe the way they do. That does not mean that the general pops like it, but that is what it is..

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I only watched college after the disrespect shown by the players this year.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I'll watch it here in Texas. It'll be close to dark here when it starts, and the east coasters will already be dark. It won't distract my pool games for $$$ though. I've skipped most if NFL football after the knee-thing first began. Players in the Superbowl will almost literally break a bone for success every play.

I ain't missing that intense action outta spite for what one fool did on his knee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread