Anybody watching the Toilet...uh Super Bowl on Sunday?

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I just wanted to post something that is very dear to my heart. OUR COUNTRY. I'd like to first start out saying that this is simply how I feel about this subject. I know there are probably many here that are die hard nfl fans. I used to be one, but am no longer. All of these millionaire professional athletes kneeling on the sidelines in blatant disrespect to our veterans, flag, and country as a whole during the playing of our national anthem does not sit well with me. They claim that this is in protest of "Social Injustice"? This I feel is nothing more than a smoke screen. There is a deeper, hidden agenda. The only social injustice I can come up with is the fact that the laws of the land apply to Everyone. This is not Injustice, but Civility and being a Civilized Society. I wish that the nfl would be made to drop their logo. Since they appear to be so Disrespectful to our nation, why would they want the N in their logo? Just go by the fl, or football league. Also, change the colors of the logo. Red, White, and Blue? Why in the world would they want to use the very colors of our nations flag....the one that they Disrespect. I am proud to say that I have not watched 1 minute of any nfl game this season and will not watch the Toilet Bowl. I'm personally done with them. I have as much respect for them as they do our country. I'm not trying to ruin anything for those of you who still watch pro ball and will watch the game on Sunday, but I won't be amongst those numbers. Now days it is nothing but collegiate and high school football here at the house.

Well said, devildog! I have not watched one second of NFL this year and will NOT watch one second of "super" bowl. Overpaid activists who hppily accept their multi-million dollar paychecks from the same "oppressors" they protest. God bless the Pat Tillmans and the Rocky Bliers. Looks like those days are gone.
God bless America and the troops who defend her.
HH
dts

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I very much agree with you fella's. The NFL to me now is the same as Hollywood, Oscars, & Emmys etc. Their "statements" based more on fiction rather than fact. Ironic isn't it? That many of the wealthiest complain and whine the most about "social injustice" and inequality". How boring they are.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can I watch halftime? Just kidding. I'm stand by ya anytime I not detecting.You might mess up my frequency. :dontknow:

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is collin working at McDonalds yet?

Ded Jim, so that is who was working the drive through window that axed me if I wanted "Fries with that"? Lol

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well said dts. I couldn't agree any more. It is a shame. One Idiot (in my opinion), infected the minds of hundreds of thousands of folks into thinking that it is cool, trendy, and fashionable to show both Contempt and Disrespect for our country. I have always been of the belief that if I find myself someplace and I am just miserable, and unhappy to the point that I have to act out......I'd just simply find another place into which to live....but that's just me.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll watch it here in Texas. It'll be close to dark here when it starts, and the east coasters will already be dark. It won't distract my pool games for $$$ though. I've skipped most if NFL football after the knee-thing first began. Players in the Superbowl will almost literally break a bone for success every play.

I ain't missing that intense action outta spite for what one fool did on his knee.
One?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am outrage when the players do not stand while the music is playing before the game.

1graeman

Mar 7, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will hopefully be cleaning up the loot that I bring home from tomorrow's digs.. I don't have the time to watch wealthy, spoiled athletes and stars disrespect my 'Merican flag or my POTUS.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll watch it here in Texas. It'll be close to dark here when it starts, and the east coasters will already be dark. It won't distract my pool games for $$$ though. I've skipped most if NFL football after the knee-thing first began. Players in the Superbowl will almost literally break a bone for success every play.

I ain't missing that intense action outta spite for what one fool did on his knee.

Without getting political, what business do NFL players have taking a stance on the field for anything other than football? It'd be like if you walked into Walmart and the greeter said "Hello, here is a pamphlet about Buddhism, welcome to Walmart!"

All you wanted to do was buy some Chinese made Walmart shoes, and now you got somebody selling their particular religious culture at the door. Same thing, and the NFL won't even follow their own organizations policies. Forget them! If I feel the need to see people crash into each other I'll watch NASCAR. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread