Anybody watching the Toilet...uh Super Bowl on Sunday?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just wanted to post something that is very dear to my heart. OUR COUNTRY. I'd like to first start out saying that this is simply how I feel about this subject. I know there are probably many here that are die hard nfl fans. I used to be one, but am no longer. All of these millionaire professional athletes kneeling on the sidelines in blatant disrespect to our veterans, flag, and country as a whole during the playing of our national anthem does not sit well with me. They claim that this is in protest of "Social Injustice"? This I feel is nothing more than a smoke screen. There is a deeper, hidden agenda. The only social injustice I can come up with is the fact that the laws of the land apply to Everyone. This is not Injustice, but Civility and being a Civilized Society. I wish that the nfl would be made to drop their logo. Since they appear to be so Disrespectful to our nation, why would they want the N in their logo? Just go by the fl, or football league. Also, change the colors of the logo. Red, White, and Blue? Why in the world would they want to use the very colors of our nations flag....the one that they Disrespect. I am proud to say that I have not watched 1 minute of any nfl game this season and will not watch the Toilet Bowl. I'm personally done with them. I have as much respect for them as they do our country. I'm not trying to ruin anything for those of you who still watch pro ball and will watch the game on Sunday, but I won't be amongst those numbers. Now days it is nothing but collegiate and high school football here at the house.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now days it is nothing but collegiate and high school football here at the house.

When it happens at this level what will you do?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You complain about the NFL, but then state that you watch college football. You do know that college football is totally corrupt, don't you? Colleges give recruits new sports cars, party girls and cash to entice them to attend their schools. Plus, they pay the coaches millions of dollars a year, which I view as vile and disgusting.

I'm a huge Patriots fan. As far as I know, none of the key members of the team has ever taken a knee during the national anthem. But if they did, well that's their stupidity and has nothing to do with the game. What players do off the field or before a game is none of my business. Don't care what their political beliefs are or who they're shacking up with. It's just entertainment to me, no more and no less.

GO PATRIOTS!

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just like Chris, Never Have & Never Will. Gonna be swinging Sunday, weather permitting.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. I'd rather be outside.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I find as I get older I don't take as much enthusiasm watching the games. I do still watch occasionally, but not like I used to and a lot of that is because of the kneeling this year. I am to the point where I don't care if I watch or don't watch.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHo's in the Super Bowl? No really... WHo's in the SUperbowl? I took the year off because of the kneeling and I found that I have so much more time on my hands, doing things that are productive that I don't know that I will ever go back. Its like Im freed. At least on Monday and Thursday Nights and all of Sunday. Its no longer a Boycott for me but a total lack of interest.

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't believe that I am about to respond to this. But here it goes. First of all i don't agree with what a few of the NFL players are doing by kneeling during the national anthem. I do understand that they are trying to bring attention to a matter that they feel strongly about. I just think that they could come up with better ways of getting their message across without pissing half of the country off. On the other hand I think that it would be a much bigger travesty if we the people did not have the freedom to express ourselves. A freedom that has been supplied by our veterans.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the immortal words of Grumpycat:

grumpy-cat-says-no.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a vet, I haven't watched a second of the NFL on any format since first knee hit the turf and I want watch it again till NFL addresses the issue.

I watched nothing but college and high school football this year and enjoyed watching players who play just for the fun of the game.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I'm a vet, I haven't watched a second of the NFL on any format since first knee hit the turf and I want watch it again till NFL addresses the issue.

I watched nothing but college and high school football this year and enjoyed watching players who play just for the fun of the game.

Same, Same and Same....thank you for saying this!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find as I get older I don't take as much enthusiasm watching the games. I do still watch occasionally, but not like I used to and a lot of that is because of the kneeling this year. I am to the point where I don't care if I watch or don't watch.
Lol, ditto.....
I'd rather be swinging! :notworthy: :laughing7:

404047_453855124659670_1160181530_n.jpg

:laughing7:

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped watching the NFL as soon as they began politicizing each game and NFL related events. Watching games and rooting for my team was a way to escape all the other crap going on in the world. I do feel as though a lot of their messages are based upon false facts and such. However, I do support SOME of the things that they are trying to achieve. I just don't support the platform they have chosen to use. There's a time and a place and a sporting event isn't it. With that said, I will spend my time doing things other than watching the superbowl. To be honest, getting myself off of the couch on Sundays and spending time with the family outdoors has been great and has actually been a quite positive thing thanks to the NFL - I suppose that is the silver lining of it all.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread