Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors is excited to introduce to you a new addition to its family! Tony Stevenson has joined FBMD to assist with the customer service and sales side of the business. Many of you know Tony from the Diggin’ in Virginia and other organized hunts as someone passionate and dedicated to the hobby of metal detecting. You also may have seen him and his writings in a variety of places - from the internet forums where he goes by the handle ‘gtoast99’, to his very well-written and informative blog - Detecting Saxaphaw. (Check him out here! Detecting Saxapahaw ).

Tony has been quite the master of whatever detector is in his hand, and anyone who knows him is in awe of his abilities - he is usually the one taking home some of the best quality and largest quantity of finds nearly every time - we have seen some of that right here in his pair of banner finds at Treasurenet!

You can continue to contact me - I’m not going anywhere! But now you have the option to talk with Tony should I be with another customer at the time or tied up with another aspect of the business. Feel free to contact him at 571-243-5988 or at his email address [email protected]. In working with either of us you will get the same level of dedicated service you, our customer, deserves.

As an added bonus this weekend, you will get the chance to meet Tony in person at American Digger Magazine’s South Carolina Low Country Civil War Relic show in Mt. Pleasant, SC (Charleston area). If you are in the area be sure to stop by and say hello! Again - Welcome Tony!

gtoast99

Jun 28, 2010
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the introduction and the kind words, Keith!

My name is Tony Stevenson, and I'm so excited to join the team at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors!

I suppose I should provide a little background on myself. I started detecting in 2005, renting a machine for a day at the beach. Before the day was over I had bought one for myself, and on the second day I found my first gold ring! Needless to say I was hooked. I concentrated on modern jewelry and silver coins fo the first few years of my detecting career. I then switched gears a bit to Relic hunting, and now my primary focus is looking for artifacts from the American Civil War. I have been a regular attendee at some of the sponsored Civil War hunts, especially Diggin in Virginia.

I love talking about the hobby, our finds, and learning as much as I can about the science and art of the equipment we use to find it. I recently moved to Northern Virginia, so I will be available in this area to help with any needs you may have in person. If you happen to be at the American Digger Low County Show this weekend near Charleston, Sc, stop by to say hi! I can also be reached anywhere by phone at 571-243-5988 or by email at [email protected]

Once again, thank you to Keith for having me. I look forward to providing the same excellent customer service you've come to expect from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and HH :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck Tony! :occasion14:

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck Tony! You and Keith will make a great team. Im a loyal customer of FBMD, and plan on it staying that way.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good Luck Tony! I'll be looking to purchase a 3030 from you real soon.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the deal on the CTX 3030 last week Tony. I see it shipped yesterday and I'm looking forward to getting it wet next week just in time for Spring Break. I've given your name and number out to anyone interested in a GREAT deal on a CTX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread