sheep.dog

May 30, 2017
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much thanks for your amazing generosity.

I want to give a huge shout out to Fort Bedford Metal Detectors, for giving the Kindle Farm school such an amazing and generous deal on the two X-terra 505's and ProFind 15's last month.

Kindle Farm is a small independent day school in Southern Vermont, we serve boys ages 8 to 22 who have struggled to find success in more traditional classroom settings. At Kindle Farm we believe that our students learn best through experience and relationship, we foster this idea by spending our afternoons immersed in therapeutic recreational activities. In 2014, lead special educator, Jason Lovett, joined our team and brought with him a passion for metal detecting and archaeology. Since then, that passion has spread to both students and staff and we have developed an exploratory archaeology curriculum centered around metal detecting. Students have explored our 1753 campus and the surrounding area and have even found a French and Indian War bayonet, Revolutionary War and colonial artifacts. Today, our metal detecting program is headed by Jason, our American history teacher Meghan Barrett and me.

It's thanks to the generosity and expertise of folks like the Fort Bedfords team that Kindle Farm can continue to grow its metal detecting program.

Again thanks so much!

7OPqQjL.jpg

ps.Jason and I are excited to get our hands on some Equinox 800s when they finally become available

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great post! Just as wonderful as Fort Bedford's generosity to your efforts, is your generosity to allowing these kids the opportunity to flourish. Good on ya for making a difference in a way that looks like it's working magic by engaging these kids in the world around them, and good on Fort Bedford metal detectors for making your efforts that much easier to accomplish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread