raised star

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
When I was about ten years old, I would always look for fossils in the rocks behind my parent's store. I would very rarely find anything besides those little ones that look like beads. But one day, I picked up a small smooth stone about the size of a nickle (only not flat) and there was an indentation a little smaller than an eraser. Inside of the indentation was a star that was raised, and about half as tall as the indentation itself. Someone stole it from me on the school bus not long after that. I had lost a tooth with a silver cap on it, and i put it in a jewelry box for a ring. I put the stone in the hollow spot under where the ring goes, and forgot it in on the school bus. The next time I got on the bus, I found the ring box with the tooth, but the fossil was gone. So, if you are from Winnfield, Louisiana, and you have a really cool star fossil that you found underneat a silver tooth, I would really like it back. But while I'm waiting on Hell to freeze over, does anyone know what kind of a fossil this is? I've loked for one on eBay to no avail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread