Found these in creek with my son

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
I'm usually over on the Indian Artifacts topics but I found these today along with my son so I thought I would share the pics
At the top of the pic you will find petrified bones, a little lower on the right side you will see cracked stones that I find there frequently, on the left under th bones you see petrified wood. In the bottom left corner is a Indian artifact. To the right of the petrified there is a tooth and I don't what to make of the piece at the bottom right but it is petrified.
DSC00886.jpg

Here's a couple of closer shots of the tooth
DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

And here's a pic of the mystery piece
DSC00890.jpg

A

Atticus Finch

Do some research there is money on that table. Good Luck.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
In the group image: (top) sections of Pliocene dugong ribs.

Close-ups: Pleistocene horse (Equus sp.) upper cheek tooth. Fragment of turtle shell.

If you make yourself a sift box with hardware cloth, you should be able to find much more stuff. Good hunting!

OP
OP
Pinellas Man

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
Harry Pristis said:
In the group image: (top) sections of Pliocene dugong ribs.

Close-ups: Pleistocene horse (Equus sp.) upper cheek tooth. Fragment of turtle shell.

If you make yourself a sift box with hardware cloth, you should be able to find much more stuff. Good hunting!
I'll do that Harry, my son and I found these just walking down the creek, we didn't do any digging. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wonder you find all the cool artifacts. You are working forward through the ages :thumbsup:
Congrats Pinellas man

TnMountains

Eager Beaver

Mar 3, 2007
Mesa Az
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace
The first two closeups look like part of a broken off Parasaurolophus or Hadrosaur horn. They say they have "compartments" in them. But thats just a wish. I'm sure they were bigger than that or were they?
The second closeup, I am SURE is what you call a Ephemeral Marking: Ripples formed by water flowing over sand; etc. I've seen fossilized bird prints on a ledge of rock, with ripple marks from water around it. Cool!

jpitt1970

Jan 5, 2009
Huntsville. Al
Most of the bone frags look like Dugong or manatee rib bone, the "mystery piece" is either a croc scute or turtle shell. that stuff is really common in the rivers in Fl

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
killer horse tooth. I have a few spot for those as well. The bones look dugong rib to me I find them by the bucketloads down here. The bottom right is definatly turtle shell. Take your screen and go to the bends and dig and screen there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions