oddballflex3.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,064
OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Fossis, thanks for the comment. I will pass it on to my buddy. We are currently working a super productive area locally so I should be posting some exciting stuff soon. Good luck out there.

Chuck

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
this has to be one of the best display pieces i have ever seen....you really owe your friend the helped you out with it..i would love to see more of his work...Great piece congrats

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Dragon, thanks for the comment. Check out my other posts under my name. All this prep work was done by my friend. He does great work but, believe me, I do pay him!

Chuck (Ohio)

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
dirty_digger said:
Any on-line videos of people preserving these fossils? That's GREAT work. Does he do it professionally?

Dirty Digger, yes sir he does this professionally. A friend of mine just did a trilobite prep workshop in Denver but, I do think he has anything online. Check YOUTUBE maybe.

Good luck out there

Chuck

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
DD, well somewhere between $120 and $200. I consider this to be a good deal as it would be really banged up if I had tried to clean it. I am a hack and I have no patience. You must understand that there are A LOT of factors that determine how long such projects take such as the condition of the fossil, hardness of surrounding rock etc.

Chuck

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Sounds like I have a lot to learn. But I guess there ain't no better place than right here with all you folks. Thanks for the info and congrats on the super sweet find!

DD

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some really nice fossils there! Do you find those trilobites there in Ohio? There is a place here in Mt. that I have found ammonites and crayfish, or small lobster in these oblong and round hardened rock. It seems that these animals were impacted in a mud ball and hardened into rock. I think it would be interesting to let your friend expose one of these wonders. If your interested, let me know. I gave one of these to another tnet member, but I should have another one somewhere. Or, I'm sure I could find plenty more. Old digger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread