old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some coprolites that I thought I would share. I found these not far from where I found the gastroliths, (dino gizzard stones). I seem to find them all within an approximate of an acre. Was thinking that maybe it was a nursery area where more than one raised their young, being that there are different sizes of specimens. Like a rookery. Any input is welcome and thanks for viewing.

folder 3 004.JPG

folder 3 005.JPG

Last edited:

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Here are some coprolites that I thought I would share. I found these not far from where I found the gastroliths, (dino gizzard stones). I seem to find them all within an approximate of an acre. Was thinking that maybe it was a nursery area where more than one raised their young, being that there are different sizes of specimens. Like a rookery. Any input is welcome and thanks for viewing.

Some of these coprolites cut and polish to show nice color and interesting patterns. I bought a group of them in Tucson one year. I wish I'd saved this one:
dino_copro_A.JPG dino_copro_B.JPG dino_copro_C.JPG

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Harry! That one that you posted look very interesting with the different colors, especially the red. If you want any of these give me a post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread