What does fossilized dino poop look like?

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a local fair in Kentucky where this gentleman was selling fossils. I have always wanted to start collecting and this would be my first time to do it. The dealer who went by the name of Dyno-Mite fossils.. had one very rare rock that he said was worth at least $5000 and it was of fossilized tyrannosaur droppings. He said he would sell it to me for $3500 I said no thank you and he said well "what would you pay?" I told him I would give him $100 and he laughed and said he liked me and would sell to me for $500. I bought it. Now I would like To know if i did good for my first fossil? If so maybe I can sell this to buy others?

image-2100322103.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some that I have found here in Montana.

Attachments

• folder 3 006.JPG
    folder 3 006.JPG
    970.1 KB · Views: 605

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if it is a coprolite, the price you paid is way too much for such a small specimen. I have a coffee can full of the ones shown above. ''I guess I would be quite rich if I sold every one for $5oo.oo'' I have given quite a few away here on TNET. You need to be very careful when someone has a specimen, and lowers his price that much. :icon_scratch: Something is amiss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread