RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

Well its winter and im suffering from cabin fever lol. :sad11: The ground is frozen so no hunting until spring. But for now ive been rummaging through stuff that I have found years ago and never gotten around to show. So to help cope this cabin fever, I have finally found my shark tooth that I have found at Great Island in Wellfleet Cape Cod. That place has become my favorite beach combing spots because you never know what your gonna find. I don't remember when I found this but I do remember I was looking for arrowheads while walking the beach with my family. At first I thought it was an arrow head because it had that shape of one but to my surprise I founded a shark tooth instead which is very rare around that area, especially in the bay part. I don't know if its fossilized or not but it does look really old and I have no idea what kind it is. I tried looking online but have no luck, every shark tooth looks different so i couldn't find a match. Any ID help would be much appreciated. As always, Enjoy!

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry the root is worn down to the blade and the blade is worn down to the root. That being said, it's too worn to give a proper id. Possibly a mako lower or sand tiger.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A size reference will help.
Yes some of the root is missing... That's fairly common for fossil shark teeth.
I don't know your area but that would be plenty enough for me to ID if it were found down here by me.
My first guess would be dusky lower

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread