Is it a bone or tooth.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC00533.JPG DSC00534.JPG DSC00535.JPG Here is an item that is quite old I would think, it was given to me several years back, it looks like it were used for a tool of some sort. All I know is it has turned to stone, any ideas?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like possibly a worn piece of fossil deer cannon leg bone

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm that's hard because of the worn condition of the bone. I'd say maybe rib? But I don't think you'll be able to get much clearer identification

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How long does it take for bone to turn to stone?

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
How long does it take for bone to turn to stone?

First off, sweet bone. Sorry I can't help ID it.

Something can actually fossil quite quickly. This enormous water wheel in Australia became entirely petrified in less than 65 years! Most bones that we find are generally 3-4 thousand years old. Evolutionists teach that it takes millions of years for something to fossil or petrify but it simply is not true. Petrified waterwheel - creation.com

Another interesting fact is this Tyrannosaurus Rex leg bone. It still had red blood cells and even soft tissue. How could this survive for 65 million years? It stumped the scientific community. But the answer simply is, the world is only 6-7 thousand years old and dinosaurs died out only a short time ago compared to an evolutionist standpoint. Dinosaur Shocker | Science | Smithsonian

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Donny but that's hilarious.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Donny but that's hilarious.

lol donney

Guys, he asked a question so I gave him the answer I believe to be true. How long do you believe it takes something to fossilize? As proven by the petrified water wheel, even something extremely large can be petrified in a very short amount of time. And how could red blood cells and soft tissue stay in a dinosaur bone for 65 million years? It's simply impossible.

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Gatorboy....lol you wanna take this one?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gatorboy....lol you wanna take this one?

Gee..thanks ;-)
Without getting too in depth I'm sure Harry could take that part but mineralisation and something being petrified is not the same as being fossilized... I'd say in most conditions it generally takes about ten thousand years.
As far as the age of the world you better tell that to this guy.

ForumRunner_20150426_193532.png

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Gee..thanks ;-)
Without getting too in depth I'm sure Harry could take that part but mineralisation and something being petrified is not the same as being fossilized... I'd say in most conditions it generally takes about ten thousand years.
As far as the age of the world you better tell that to this guy.

View attachment 1152799

This seems to say that petrification and fossilization can be used almost synonomously. Fossilized or Petrified: What's the Difference? (at least when talking about wood, which i was) You still haven't given me any reason to believe your theory. i'm interested to hear your side of the story, but so far all you've shown me is a arrowhead. (albeit a darn purty one!)

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good start for you that arrowhead is a Bolen type.. its early archaic.
Try looking up the info and take a look at the dates.
I don't even know where to begin with this so I'm just going to stop I'm not going to directly comment on that 6000 years statement again okay?
This threads about a piece of bone... That from what I can tell is completely fossil

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a good start for you that arrowhead is a Bolen type.. its early archaic.
Try looking up the info and take a look at the dates.
I don't even know where to begin with this so I'm just going to stop I'm not going to directly comment on that 6000 years statement again okay?
This threads about a piece of bone... That from what I can tell is completely fossil

ok. you want to stop, thats fine, i respect that. the OP asked how long it takes something to fossilize so i told him at which point you "laughed." sorry, but i was originally defending my post. if you're not willing to discuss why someone is wrong from your viewpoint why bring it up?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread