OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a spear point covered in sand that has become a hard crust on the outside. It was found with a hundred other stone tools I uncovered by accident while metal detecting with my son. That spot needs fully excavated because there's something else there and I filled it back in to save it.
I shaved the backside of this with a razor and it revealed red dotted artwork. Can anyone tell what it is? Maybe that tapir in the bottom right with a tooth to match... Or this dolomite reptile head? This is either a fossil cast or carving that's permineralized into dolomite with calcium carbonate on the bottom so the "just a natural rock" comment that everyone wants to say right now is ridiculous if you do your research before throwing that out there.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474264526.344641.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474265170.283231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474265414.056188.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474266144.979033.jpg

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A match to the neanderthal bones in the blue pic? I'm no authenticator, maybe someone on here can point you into the right direction. Where did you find the items that are next to the battery?

Neanderthal bones have only been found in and around Europe, Russia, and Asia...but not in the US.

Yes, this is a Neanderthal site. The amount of Quartz, stone tools, bones, and other artifacts that I've gathered is staggering. I did not know Neanderthals made fire by crushing a specific combination of rocks and minerals until I spent a month studying the geology of this land and it's all found here. Even anthracite, which according to the ODNR geology website, is not found in Ohio. This flat top my land sits on was a lagoon at one time and never carved out by the glaciers. It was covered by volcanic ash or silt which explains all of the cast fossils, the colonial coral and mollusks still attached upright and the clams that fossilized closed instead of opened. This is a result of volcanic or meteoritic. I cannot figure that part out yet because I've found red scoria and some kind of silver colored metal that was inside a calcium carbonate crust.
I know everyone is going to say I'm wrong or find a way to discredit everything and that's fine. But, there's no way anyone could come out to my land to see for themselves and walk away saying this isn't real. The axe head and hammer I found were side by side and the wood has partially turned to coal. That stuff was deep and it took hours to remove because the coral has turned to almost limestone and that stuff was underneath. There is sand cemented on the side of that axe head. I have another spear point that is one of the best artifacts I have and I think it's going to unlock all of this.

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This seems older than Neanderthal and a lot of the stuff matches Lake Turkana, Africa. The larger grey piece with red is either ochre or blood on it. The smaller curved piece is serrated, pressure flaked and was found only a few inches deep. The green quartzite hand axe is a genuine Acheulean artifact. And this fossil so far is unidentifiable but there's something inside of it. This is only a fraction of the stuff that's here. I don't see how anyone can say this is nothing...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474303110.152758.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474303129.327922.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474303175.868611.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474303669.349824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474303475.218719.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you wish to knw what type of rocks they are post in the geological forum. This is a fossil forum. I do not understand why you think you have ancient tools there and I will say they are nothing but you will not listen to anyone. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread