Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was the first time I ever went hunting specifically for sharks teeth. A friend in our metal detecting club gave me directions to a creek where people have been finding lots of teeth. I headed out there today and stayed about 2 hours. My first tooth I believe is a Ptychodus. Then I found several broken pieces before finding a nice whole shark tooth. Also found one small vertebrae.

Creek Hunt.JPG Ptychodus Tooth.JPG Shark Tooth.JPG Fossil Vertebra.JPG

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing this quite a bit lately, it's overtaken my MD'ing hobby for the moment. I built a half inch floating screen to sift the banks of the Chipola river ( I live less than 2 minutes from it). I may post my finds when I get around to taking some good pictures, they're tossed in empty cans and boxes at the moment. Great hobby, sifting is the way to go.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing this quite a bit lately, it's overtaken my MD'ing hobby for the moment.

I know what you mean! I was only going to go out until I found one and then quit...but it ended up being a lot of fun and now I'm on my fourth trip. On my third trip I was looking in the creek along the bottom where bedrock is exposed. In one of the little "pockets" was an 1892 V nickel!

Post Oak - 12-4-2016.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions