Never seen anything like this!

HeyDee60

Nov 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC01103.JPG DSC01105.JPG DSC01111.JPG

If you take a string the grooves line up as you wrap around. Found it in my creek in Mendocino county, ca. Any ideas on what it might be?

Attachments

• DSC01108.JPG
    DSC01108.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 310

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost looks like sorta petrified animal poop.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing the material is would go a long way in helping people ID it for you. It looks Steatite.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm well aware of your area. It's not Native American. Although they were known to be with them. It's part of the Jesuits. You might find someone in your area that can help you. Don't let them tell you any different. Use the light as you have in last picture. It shows their name. Nice find.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since he still hasn't ID'ed the material I have refrained from stating my opinion, but I will now.

It looks like Steatite and most likely is a piece off of something larger that they then grooved. For what purpose, who knows. I see quite a few pieces of re-purposed Steatite in California collections. This I know for a fact because I have seen them, just like the ones in this link. Your theory has never been proven by anyone. Show your proof.

Soap Stone Artifacts

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Concretion: IMHO I have seen probably hundreds in all forms from perfect round balls to all kinds of configurations and I saw them in the same area.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing that came to mind

Attachments

• 1483569486750.jpg
    1483569486750.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 136

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To prove my theory Grim would require it's own thread with hundreds of pictures which I have little time for. If you want to visit me I would take the time to show you. I'm here to seach out their work. Not argue about it. There is so much more to this than just calling something out. Grim I've stated before that if your serious about learning this I will teach you. But hands on is the best. It's a technic I use that is from years of studying their work. There is multiple layers to it. And this is off topic here. Pm me if your serious about learning. It parallels native American artifacts which your accustomed too. You would gain valuable knowledge from it.

Seriously Lowman? The fishing reel is one thing that funny but the other is questionable.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
some background would help...did you find this? dig this? was it something you got at a garage sale?

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeDirt.jpg

Whatcha got here is a big ol' hunk of space poopy.

J.k. I have no idea. Interesting find though!!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, as Dee posted this in the wee morning hours (1:03am my time), maybe they will be back on again tonight. But as of now, they haven't logged back in again.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
I'm well aware of your area. It's not Native American. Although they were known to be with them. It's part of the Jesuits. You might find someone in your area that can help you. Don't let them tell you any different. Use the light as you have in last picture. It shows their name. Nice find.

Please ignore our resident psychic, "He sees Jesuits"...very cool rock by the way, doubtfully made by NAs although they may have picked it up as a curiosity, much like you did.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please ignore our resident psychic, "He sees Jesuits"...very cool rock by the way, doubtfully made by NAs although they may have picked it up as a curiosity, much like you did.
If you are referring me as a psychic. Your far from the truth. But I may be way more informed than you. You guys don't have a clue to what is not taught out there. This knowledge has been around for thousands of years. Thinking like you do will keep you from the truth. Look for it and you will find it. You guys put limits on yourselves. Expand your mind and allow knowledge to flow.
God Bless
Bob

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are referring me as a psychic. Your far from the truth. But I may be way more informed than you. You guys don't have a clue to what is not taught out there. This knowledge has been around for thousands of years. Thinking like you do will keep you from the truth. Look for it and you will find it. You guys put limits on yourselves. Expand your mind and allow knowledge to flow.
God Bless
Bob

With a little imagination, a person can LITERALLY see anything they want to see at any time and about any thing. I'm not saying that you do this, Bob, so don't get upset here. Just understand that it seems strikingly bizarre that about 95% of strange rocks that someone shows here on Tnet, you claim were made by Jesuits.

Jesuits were real - maybe still are; I don't know. But the point I'm making is, if you would word things as such that you "believe" something is made by or is Jesuit-related, that would be much more welcomed than the outright declarations that "this is Jesuit!!", not allowing for ANY other possibility. So I'm sorry, but you were not there when each of these thousands of rocks from Tnet posts were made/carved/created, so isn't there just the SLIGHTEST possibility once in a while that you might be mistaken?!?!? I think that's what the real beef is here - the pompous statements that simply refuse any other possibilities.

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I really like history (and the Jesuit thing sounds awesome would love to learn) BUT I'm kinda goofy sometimes I have a sence of humor and if I can avoid the bad words I'm pretty proud at my progress lo these many years. Please don't take offense. I can actually give some examples of some pretty freaky ancient people....just saying...

Lol. Just goofing bro. (Not about the Jesuit thing though many rumors of them bringing treasure what cha got? Let me in we can find a golden one of those whatever it is? I'm in!)

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I really like history (and the Jesuit thing sounds awesome would love to learn) BUT I'm kinda goofy sometimes I have a sence of humor and if I can avoid the bad words I'm pretty proud at my progress lo these many years. Please don't take offense. I can actually give some examples of some pretty freaky ancient people....just saying...

Lol. Just goofing bro. (Not about the Jesuit thing though many rumors of them bringing treasure what cha got? Let me in we can find a golden one of those whatever it is? I'm in!)
As long as you have a will to learn, you can. Pm me to get started

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm I don't know what it is, but the fact that it stands up like that makes me think it is something "made"

Looks like a chess piece to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread