Hello! Been picking stuff up for years, but very basic knowledge - help?

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!

I'm sort of an all-around seeker/finder and am always dragging stuff home. I'm a recent member and I'm curious about what I've been saving! Some things I know are fossils, like these two that I picked up in Denmark, in the landscape rocks around our rental home. The first is an urchin I believe and the second??? Maybe the body of a squid-like animal? I used to sit for hours sifting through the driveway picking out urchin fossils.

IMG_5684.jpg IMG_5683.jpg

I think everything I'm posting here was from Denmark. This remind me of part of a bone/joint, but I'm learning that rocks can make some pretty darn biological looking shapes!

IMG_5688.jpg IMG_5687.jpg IMG_5686.jpg

I don't think these are fossils, but they were everywhere in our driveway in Denmark. I'm showing two with a flattened end, but many had a rounded end sort of stuck on the flattened end with an inset, faint line that would circumscribe the piece. Unfortunately I can't find any of those. I think they got lost when we moved back to the US.

IMG_5685.jpg

Hope you don't mind all the photos!

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like lots of pics! =) those are cool, I'd pick those up too!

OP
OP
WoodnHead

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I was starting to think I did something wrong when I posted? Maybe it's a more serious group and not keen on amateur finders? I appreciate the reply and I'll just keep enjoying what I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread