Brazoria County, Texas - Beach Bone Fossil/Artifact

texasriverdigger2.0

Mar 20, 2017
Freeport Texas
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this bone fossil fragment with a what looks like a paleolithic hieroglyph on a Brazoria County, Texas beach the other day. I've been studying this piece since I found it on the hightide.

It looks to be Paleolithic vs Neolithic. The Paleolithic Era (or Old Stone Age) is a period of prehistory from about 2.6 million years ago to around 10,000 years ago.

My conclusion. It is ancient and authentic bone art. The bone fragment is 1.25×1.25 and .25 thick. It looks like a hieroglyph shark to me. The engraving is about 1/8" deep and the entire fragment has a nice patina.

After looking at it in 4 different orientations, the picture with (head left) seems to be the best orientation because the fins are longer. I also have a picture to show the depth of the engraving. There aren't any other visible marks on the fragment.

I've searched thru a lot of hieroglyphs, cave paintings and other bone art and I've not found anything fish/shark or water/sea related.

In closing..... I'm also still looking hard for the rest of the bone/story. It seems like it might be a pretty good read.....)

Your thoughts?

20170424_181701-1.jpeg

I'm not sure why the pics all posted as thumbnails. I had a hard time making this post.

Attachments

• 20170424_181701-1.jpg
    20170424_181701-1.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20170424_182501-1.jpeg
    20170424_182501-1.jpeg
    906.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20170424_185655-1.jpeg
    20170424_185655-1.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20170424_181704-1.jpeg
    20170424_181704-1.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20170424_181704-2.jpeg
    20170424_181704-2.jpeg
    513.5 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
T

texasriverdigger2.0

Mar 20, 2017
Freeport Texas
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I absolutely agree. I tried showing a local curator some of the old paleo stone & bone artifacts I was digging up and finding on the Brazos and San Bernard rivers. He agreed to see them and then acted like I insulted him when he seen them. I was told, with a bums rush, they probably were old paleo artifacts, but, since they weren't found and removed by experts in SITU, they were just undesirable rocks, flakes, cores and points or geofacts.... I have a bucket full of undesirable paleo rocks, flakes, cores, points, pottery shards and bones...ie geofacts. Some with nice butcher marks and one with a nice hieroglyph. I don't show and tell anything around here anymore.

It seems some of Academia is stuck in a dirt box. With that said.

My paleolithic/neolithic comparison is based on me and a few others finding some "undesirable" old paleo stone & bone artifacts here at the mouths of the Brazos and San Bernard River and in the surf line. I've posted a few pics here in TN of some of the old paleo points and bone artifacts/fossils I dug up on the rivers. I have no doubt a ancient man made this hieroglyph. Until its proven otherwise.

This is a link to the old paleo stone and bone artifacts I dug up at a site on the Brazos river. Today the site is only a couple of miles as a crow flys from the surf line where I found this bone fragment.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...s-river-texas-artifacts-fossils-geofacts.html

And talking about the dirt. It's been a few years since I've seen anything about SC Topper Site. Last I read, those boys was finding evidence humans was in the Americas 50,000 years ago. But, academia says: those stone flakes from the Topper site could be tools, though skeptics insist they are natural-geofacts..... So there's that.

I'm trying to make contact with someone who has COA some of my artifacts to see if he could look at it. Either or... I look forward to getting this piece to someone to at least verify it's authenticity. I'll post the result when I do.

Keep digging boys and bury academia in ancient reality!!!

msmel1966

Apr 2, 2023
I'm not a professional but I have found a very special place along in Brazos River with unique artifacts with drawing on the stones. I also found a possible carved buffalo. Paleo age tools from what I have studied. I will be glad to have this authenticated. Just tell me where to go.

The only article I can find similar is from this sight. I have, I believe it is tools. So many stones in the area had drawings on them. There is algae on a lot of them. Don't know a safe way to remove it without damaging the artifact.

Attachments

• brazosartifact.jpg
    brazosartifact.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • brazosartifact2.jpg
    brazosartifact2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • brazosartifact3.jpg
    brazosartifact3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
  • brazosartifact4.jpg
    brazosartifact4.jpg